The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
BigMike

Airbag costs (working on a trade)

Hey guys. I have a vinyl plotter I am going to be trading (hopefully) for some parts to bag my truck. I posted $800.00 or trade and someone came back with some parts he will trade for. My problem is I have no idea if it is fair because I don't know the costs involved. Can you guys give me a ballpark estimate to let me know if it is a good deal or not? I also have around 70gigs of vectors that go with the plotter, just about everything you could imagine.

Here is what he is offering - I can giv u all 4 bags, all brackets needed, air valves, switches and hoses.

Thanks,

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Airbag costs (working on a trade)

New or used? Brand of bags and valves makes a big difference. make sure the air line is dot rated.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
BigMike

Okay, which brands are the better ones? I will keep you informed once I hear back from him.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Mike
Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

dominator d2600 slam specialties, firestone, or ridetech bags (and within those lines some bags are cheaper/more expensive and may/may not work for your truck. Need double convoluted for the front and same for the rear or a sleeved for the rear (firestone)

Chassis Tech/Aim/etc. has a bad rep for product issues so avoid anything with that name and warning...they call their bags names close to the actual names so be careful what it actually says...post here first

SMC, parker, ridetech, or accuair are the nice and reliable valves...
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
andrewmp6

airbagit.com calls there brand of air bags DeNominator stay far away from them.Unless all of that stuff is brand new or close and name brand would be the only way id trade for it.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
airbagit.com calls there brand of air bags DeNominator stay far away from them.Unless all of that stuff is brand new or close and name brand would be the only way id trade for it.
for a fair trade needs to be new and brand name.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I would think you could buy new bags and all that stuff for under $500 anyway ( $100 per bag and $100 for the valves and such, and im estimating high too).

If what your trying to sell is worth $800 as it sits used, I would tell him maybe trade plus $3-400 cash.

but I might be off too.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If its used, just pass. Unless your paying dime on the dollar, its not worth dealing with used air suspension unless you "really" know its condition.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
VA72C10
VA72C10

Bags are around 2-300 for four but good valves run 250-500. Fittings can run a good bit also so if it's nice stuff it will be worth around or more than 800. But if used or airbagit stuff....not worth more than 400 max
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
BigMike

Okay, I added my computer to the mix for a full system. Nothing too fancy 3ghz processor, 4gig ram, 500gig HD, nice case. But it has all of the software already installed and aside from a monitor it's a turn key setup.

Here is what he came back with - Everything is from universal air suspension and is bolt on. Everything im givin u is new, if u giv me the computer and $150 i can giv u the tank and a new ViAir 444 compressor and a few fittings... The compressor is the big one, fast n quite.

Mike

EDIT: Is universal air suspension good/bad?

Last edited by BigMike; 09-06-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Okay, I added my computer to the mix for a full system. Nothing too fancy 3ghz processor, 4gig ram, 500gig HD, nice case. But it has all of the software already installed and aside from a monitor it's a turn key setup.

Here is what he came back with - Everything is from universal air suspension and is bolt on. Everything im givin u is new, if u giv me the computer and $150 i can giv u the tank and a new ViAir 444 compressor and a few fittings... The compressor is the big one, fast n quite.

Mike

EDIT: Is universal air suspension good/bad?
never heard any feedback about universal...looks like their own label of bags which would make me leery...

the viair 444 is 175 with free shipping on ebay...so he's MAKING OUT if you give him a computer and $150 for $175 compressor and a few fittings and a probably $60 tank....

I'd look for another option personally...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
never heard any feedback about universal...looks like their own label of bags which would make me leery...

the viair 444 is 175 with free shipping on ebay...so he's MAKING OUT if you give him a computer and $150 for $175 compressor and a few fittings and a probably $60 tank....

I'd look for another option personally...
I agree...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
dv8customs

Not a lot of info on what he actually has but i would say keep looking. Maybe ask him to send you pics of the parts and you can post them up for us.
dv8customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
andrewmp6

universal air has off brands and some name brands contitech firestone and slam specialties.Honestly that pc isn't worth a lot but how much is the software on it worth tho?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #15
502ms

Universal Air...I think Chuck Norris endorsed them...or Goldberg.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
BigMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
universal air has off brands and some name brands contitech firestone and slam specialties.Honestly that pc isn't worth a lot but how much is the software on it worth tho?
That's the key to all of this. The Flex-Sign software to operate the plotter itself was initially $4k, now it can be bought for around $300. I have several hundred in graphics on there as well, plus lots of graphics I traded & swapped for.

There is around 400K vector files on it, everything from holiday stuff to flames and skulls. I painted remote control bodies for years and used the plotter to make paint masks. Here is my website - bigmikeskustoms.com

I also have thousands upon thousands of fonts to do custom script, sayings or names. I did several sailboats in the gold leaf vinyl I have. My health has gone downhill in the last several years and so I just don't use the plotter anymore, that's why I am trying to trade it to this guy. Thank you all for giving me feedback on this. I will ask him specific brand names of what he was thinking about and let you guys know what he comes back with.

Mike
Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
king-918

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
That's the key to all of this. The Flex-Sign software to operate the plotter itself was initially $4k, now it can be bought for around $300. I have several hundred in graphics on there as well, plus lots of graphics I traded & swapped for.

There is around 400K vector files on it, everything from holiday stuff to flames and skulls. I painted remote control bodies for years and used the plotter to make paint masks. Here is my website - bigmikeskustoms.com

I also have thousands upon thousands of fonts to do custom script, sayings or names. I did several sailboats in the gold leaf vinyl I have. My health has gone downhill in the last several years and so I just don't use the plotter anymore, that's why I am trying to trade it to this guy. Thank you all for giving me feedback on this. I will ask him specific brand names of what he was thinking about and let you guys know what he comes back with.

Mike
Not worth to headache buy new and scrap the deal
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah I'm really a Toyota guy, but had some stuff sitting around.

Oklahoma
king-918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #18
andrewmp6

I would pass too the guy sounds like he has no clue what he has to trade,Most of us would have told you the brand bags model etc etc.And he got it from a not known company that sells off brand bags which i wouldn't trust.It sounds like your pc with all that software is worth double what hes trying to trade and wants cash from you no thanks.If it was me i would call every smaller sign shop in the phone book see if they would buy your pc and use the cash where you need it at.