The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
LEEVON

Re: Ticked Off!!!

That's understandable, it's not the kind of issue that warrants the officer being an jerk that's for sure. Thanks for not getting irritated with all of us calling it as we saw it. I feel your pain, we currently live in a great neighborhood but it out-classes us by a good bit and the downside is that I have to be very very clean and out of sight first for respect and then because my covenants require it. Even in my driveway, no drips, messes for a short time, etc. We're not even supposed to park in the street or driveway overnight or have our garage doors up for long periods. Almost everybody parks in their driveways but I'm the only one that works on cars or trucks at all.

I'd like to get out on a couple of acres just to be free of all that.

Oh, and careful with jack stands on ashpalt, throw some 12x12 pieces of plywood under there to keep the truck off your head LOL
Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
leftybass209

The circumstances and attitudes given may not be appropriate, but your truck on the street is indeed very dangerous to children. All maintenance repair trucks have to place cones around their vehicles because of the seriousness. A kid playing and climbing under the truck to get a ball could easily kick the jack stand or get snagged and rock it enough to crush him/her. I'd so much rather deal with an attitude than the loss or serious injury of a child. As for the school zone you can contact the city about getting no parking signs on the street because it creates a dangerous atmosphere for children and say parents are blocking driveway access. That is about the only thing you can do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #28
69GWC

Why I moved and wont live in the City again. Best thing I did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #29
sboris

That's exactly why I have no neighbors, somebody for whatever reason always in your business..
Posted via Mobile Device
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #30
ThreeQtr

We can all sympathize one way or another. One weekend I pushed a car out from my garage, so I could arrrange and clean up the clutter. It was raining alot and I had the car covered (rear facing house). On Memorial Day (one day after) I got a notice to remove or else!
There are no houses on either side, nor directly in front of my house. Yet a police officer across the way has had a jeep on the side of his house w/o tags, rear out,for four years.
As to safety, even adults are dangerous. Years ago, at my parents house, we were putting away their rv. Some kids playing ball with their dad had sent the ball under the rv and it stuck in between the dual rear wheels. The kids dad ran over and crawled under to grab the ball while 'my' dad was driving it w/o letting him know it. Luckily I saw the guy and yelled to my dad to stop(he-my dad- was putting the rv in reverse) just as the guys hand touched the ball.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #31
cubber

The officer was a dirtbag for being anything but courteous to your wife. School zones suck, and people trying to pick up or drop of kids are usually idiots about it (part of this "me first and now" mindset that is destroying our nation, but the little bastards have to go in and out somewhere, I guess. As far as safety goes, people should watch the children they are responsible for. If a kid who is big enough and old enough to crawl under a truck is stupid enoug to knock it down on themselves, it's their own fault. If they wipe themselves out at an early age, then they may never be able to hurt someone else. All that being said, I guess you shouldn't have left the truck there, if for no other reason than to cut down on your ration of s*$& for the day.

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
The officer was a dirtbag for being anything but courteous to your wife. School zones suck, and people trying to pick up or drop of kids are usually idiots about it (part of this "me first and now" mindset that is destroying our nation, but the little bastards have to go in and out somewhere, I guess. As far as safety goes, people should watch the children they are responsible for. If a kid who is big enough and old enough to crawl under a truck is stupid enoug to knock it down on themselves, it's their own fault. If they wipe themselves out at an early age, then they may never be able to hurt someone else. All that being said, I guess you shouldn't have left the truck there, if for no other reason than to cut down on your ration of s*$& for the day.
Ummm ... Do you have kids, or were you ever a kid?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #33
leftybass209

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
Did you really think before you posted this, or just don't like kids? I suppose firefighters that die in the line of duty just had it coming, and soldiers who get shot as well? There's always an assumed amount of responsibility for risks taken, but if you were hit by a drunk driver is it your fault for being in your car?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #34
cubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Ummm ... Do you have kids, or were you ever a kid?
I am very sorry if I have offended either of you or anyone else. I admit that I flew off the handle. I don't have kids (wife and I have tried and tried, can't afford to adopt and the foster program won't let you raise kids according to your family values, not bitter about it, just passing along info in the interest of honesty). I do, however, drive a church bus every Sunday, and when those kids are with me, I watch them like an eagle. I just have gotten extremely tired of people thinking everyone else is responsible for keeping their family safe, and letting their kids run wild and unsupervised all the time. I know that accidents happen, and safety is everyone's job but I can remember growing up that the worst danger we faced (in our minds) would have been the whippin' we would have gotten for messing with somebody's truck. Like I said, I am sorry if I ruffled your feathers, but people need to start remembering how to watch out for their own again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftybass209 View Post
Did you really think before you posted this, or just don't like kids? I suppose firefighters that die in the line of duty just had it coming, and soldiers who get shot as well? There's always an assumed amount of responsibility for risks taken, but if you were hit by a drunk driver is it your fault for being in your car?
Posted via Mobile Device
As for you, sir (or ma'am) I think children are gifts and blessings from God, and I think people who are blessed with them should treat them as such. One way to do this would be to make sure they stayed inside the 10 foot tall fence that was around that playground in the pic, and didn't get out on that busy street or under a truck on jackstands. As for soldiers and firefighters (big fan, supporter, and admirer of both) they DO take risks, but not only do they understand that going in, they have been trained to deal with dangerous situations. Anyone who drives drunk (and I have, years ago) deserves to be charged with attempted murder (and I mean actually drunk, not had two beers, and made the little machine go beep), and anyone who hits and kills someone else should be charged with murder, because they knew exactly what they were doing. All that aside, life has risks. You should minimize them when you can. You should not expect anyone to do it or you. You should protect your children while teaching them that there will always be danger in the world, and show them ways to avoid or handle it safely. You should also avoid jumping on the bandwagon to attack someone who was just posting a little opinion with a little foolishness mixed in. I thought these types of posts were for fun, like the others are for help with trucks. I was just stirring the pot a little, and for you to start in with the military and firefighter stuff just shows your ignorance.
This is what I think, I guess if you don't like it, you can lump it.

Hey Devildog- If you don't like what I've posted here, let me know and I will be happy to take it down. I was just tryin' to cut up about a bad situation y'all had.

2003 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. Cab
1995 Cavalier gas saver!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #35
67c10rustbuket

Im not even allowed to park in the street in front of my own house that I own...HOA! Not supposed to do "mechanic" work in the driveway either, but no one complains so long as I put the wheels back on when I am done and the tag is legit. Cant have my project 67 outside of the garage until it has current legal tags on it and is insured and streetable and used regularly. Gotta love the HOA, Should have moved a few more miles out...

No comment on the other debate..

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #36
PAWS 72

I'll get blasted but the local officials we have today ain't nothin but a bunch of sh..heads. It ain't like it was 20 years ago when people had brains to use instead of being a bunch of a.. holes. Sorry for this but when they put the uniform on now its my way or else. People has no courtsey anymore towards others. sorry but thats the way it is.

If he had been a smart but with my wife, ticket or not, I would have been at the office wanting an appoligy from him because thats what he would want for his wife.

Sorry guys but if they want to be that way I can be sneakey to and watch there moves and be a pain to them too.Make sure you have it recorded.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The pure ignorance portrayed in this thread is mind boggling.
Closed Thread