The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
dropanddrag71

Rear Bumper Bracket- correctone to buy? C20

Ok...
I want to add a REAR! chrome sport bumper on my 70 c 20, 3/4 ton leaf spring truck.....
I keep getting miss information, bought and had to return items on this very simple and commen mod.
It seems from alot of pics i see, most owners remove a wide degree of original or dealer installed step bumpers and add these chrome sport bumpers.
I asking for the owners who done this, what did you buy and install? Do you have pictures? Part numbers? did the detail pieces used to block the view of the brackets fit without mods? Catalogs are vauge at best, numerous calls on differant days has gotten differant info..
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
AirSpeed

Re: Rear Bumper Bracket- correctone to buy? C20

I had a Barden bumper on my 69 C10 and replaced it with a new chrome bumper, I ordered the brackets from LMC and the didn't fit without drilling new holes to match the frame. I looked at other trucks and my brackets were exactly the same. They even measured the same. Took a lot of work to get them to fit. I did the same to my 72 GMC 4X4 and the brackets fit perfect. Don't have a clue why they would be different!
Posted via Mobile Device
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
dropanddrag71

I know on a 73 and newer, the 4x4 has a taller frame.. i dont know about our years
Old 09-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
dropanddrag71

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSpeed View Post
I had a Barden bumper on my 69 C10 and replaced it with a new chrome bumper, I ordered the brackets from LMC and the didn't fit without drilling new holes to match the frame. I looked at other trucks and my brackets were exactly the same. They even measured the same. Took a lot of work to get them to fit. I did the same to my 72 GMC 4X4 and the brackets fit perfect. Don't have a clue why they would be different!
Posted via Mobile Device
Is it safe to assume your c 10 is rear coil?, remember what part number you ordered for the non fittingbrackets?