The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

New autopilot v2 digital air management system

Air Lift is proud to introduce the most advanced pressure based air suspension control on the planet!

The sleek V2 controller is protected in a rugged, rubberized coating to help protect against the occasional drops and scratches. Display readout shows, individual corner air pressure and tank pressure. You can select your pressures to be displayed in PSI, or for our friends across the pond, we now have an option for BAR!! To give you the ultimate in personalization of your system we have loaded the multi-color display with 128 color combinations! Believe it or not all of this technology fits in the palm of your hand and only takes one wire to connect to your wire harness.

Not only does the V2 give you 8 different presets to tailor to your ride heights needs, but it also “learns” your vehicle to provide incredible accuracy with every push of the button. As you roll low, the V2 will constantly monitor your pressures and adjust accordingly to your presets. V2 also allows you to control your system manually, for the ultimate in independent 4 corner adjustment. With the raise on start feature, you won’t even have to touch the controller! Fully laid out? Raise to your ride height as soon as you turn on your ride and you’re ready to go.

You want diagnostics? Well V2 has diagnostics! With a touch of a button you can check compressor performance and compressor run times. The system will also alert you to a leak, a low pressure situation, communication failure or if there is something wrong with your valve.

Installation could not be easier! Mount your components, hook up 3 wires, plug in the OEM quality harness and you are ready to go. The detailed instruction manual will take you through the calibration and ride height preset process. Each V2 is 100% function and leak tested at the factory after assembly, so you can cruise the streets in confidence!

One of the best features of the Air Lift Performance Auto Pilot V2 is that it is proudly made in the United States of America!

http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.p...cat=632&page=1

AVS_JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: New autopilot v2 digital air management system

That sounds like a great air management system from a well known company too.I kinda see it giving Accuair a run for there money too.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

Sounds like a great set up!! Price isn't bad either, especially if you've already got tank and compressors.... Very tempting, dammit!!!!
JNJchev77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

And they are good in stock. Can ship out today, instead of waiting 2+ weeks...
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
54Caddy
GM Addicted

I dont know 275 more for the accuair and you get the tank and compressor. You get a 5 gallon tank, a viar 400c compressor, air filter, and fitting for tank and air bags. Sounds like more bang for your buck with accuair no??

My 73 GMC Truck Build Pic
2010 Silverado 4/6 on 24s

IG:MacsGarage

Last edited by 54Caddy; 09-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.
54Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

???

Accuair is like a grand more with the tank and compressor?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
54Caddy
GM Addicted

For the self leveling kit it is. But i dont think this autopilot is self leveling dont see any height sensors pictured or anything.

Accuair SwitchSpeed Non-Leveling

Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

Isn't this a form of self leveling? Through "preset pressures"... not sensors.

Not only does the V2 give you 8 different presets to tailor to your ride heights needs, but it also “learns” your vehicle to provide incredible accuracy with every push of the button. As you roll low, the V2 will constantly monitor your pressures and adjust accordingly to your presets. V2 also allows you to control your system manually, for the ultimate in independent 4 corner adjustment. With the raise on start feature, you won’t even have to touch the controller! Fully laid out? Raise to your ride height as soon as you turn on your ride and you’re ready to go.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
dv8customs

This kit does the same thing, just through a different method. The accuair system uses the height of the vehicle to make adjustments while this system is based off of pressure in the bags.

The drawback to a pressure system is that it has no way to adjust for extra or uneven loads. If you throw 500 pounds of rocks in your bed the accuair system will still get to the exact ride height you programmed. The airlift system will give you the preset bag pressure but with that much extra weight you will be nowhere near ride height.
dv8customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
54Caddy
GM Addicted

Exactly dv8, the height sensors are the optimal in height control. I was a nissan technician for 3 years and ran into the devolopers of the Armada Air Control while at a Nissan Training Coarse and they explained the difference between both systems and that is why your higher end suvs with suspension like the Armada chose the route of height sensors.

So this is basically the same as the Accuair link i posted above, The accuair kit also has self learning preset pressure feature for the non-leveling kit. I believe that you are getting more bang for you buck with the accuair being that you get a compressor, tank, and filter for the extra cash.

Accuair Air Managment

Check out the Accuair Manual for the kit i posted link to above.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

Really, c'mon.... How many people do you know build a truck with full air ride, to ride low.... Load 500lbs of rocks, or anything for that matter (besides road trip gear or a trip to Home Depot for the honey do list)?? I know, you guys know many I'm sure...

If you're doing that, then yes the leveling system Accuair offers is the way to go, but for people that are just using their vehicle for a daily or weekend warrior this system is perfect! It's easier to install and still very beneficial for someone like me.

54 caddy, if you were to buy one compressor and a tank to add on to the airlift system, you'd probably still be under what accuair sells their "package system for...?

I'm not saying this is the best kit on the market, but Airlift is a reputable company, and this looks like a nice alternative to Accuair, or Ridetech for that matter.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

This new version of the Autopilot has corrected that problem of the additional weight adage. It has 8 presets that you can set. So use the first 2 or 3 for the vehicle with just you in it. Then set the next couple with a passenger or load in the vehicle. Then possibly use the last few with a full crew in your ride. There are 8, so you can set what you specifically need.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
dv8customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJchev77 View Post
Really, c'mon.... How many people do you know build a truck with full air ride, to ride low.... Load 500lbs of rocks, or anything for that matter (besides road trip gear or a trip to Home Depot for the honey do list)?? I know, you guys know many I'm sure...

If you're doing that, then yes the leveling system Accuair offers is the way to go, but for people that are just using their vehicle for a daily or weekend warrior this system is perfect! It's easier to install and still very beneficial for someone like me.

54 caddy, if you were to buy one compressor and a tank to add on to the airlift system, you'd probably still be under what accuair sells their "package system for...?

I'm not saying this is the best kit on the market, but Airlift is a reputable company, and this looks like a nice alternative to Accuair, or Ridetech for that matter.
The rock was simply an easy to follow example. The point I was trying to make is that the sytem can not automatically adjust for variations in load. Be it extra passengers or stuff in the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_JASON View Post
This new version of the Autopilot has corrected that problem of the additional weight adage. It has 8 presets that you can set. So use the first 2 or 3 for the vehicle with just you in it. Then set the next couple with a passenger or load in the vehicle. Then possibly use the last few with a full crew in your ride. There are 8, so you can set what you specifically need.
This sounds like a workable compromise granted you can keep straight what you set up all 8 presets for
Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8customs View Post
The rock was simply an easy to follow example. The point I was trying to make is that the sytem can not automatically adjust for variations in load. Be it extra passengers or stuff in the bed.

I understood your point.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
54Caddy
GM Addicted

I do know a few guys who have some bagged trucks that lay out and still tow every now and then from a boat to the lake, or even when they are moving. Shouldve took a picture of my buddys 96 body droped on 24s towing a trailer full of furniture from his house ahahah!

Sounds like a nice kit for sure though, Just an idea for AVS add an option for compressor and tank to make it complete price then see the price difference between both companys

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Caddy View Post
I do know a few guys who have some bagged trucks that lay out and still tow every now and then from a boat to the lake, or even when they are moving. Shouldve took a picture of my buddys 96 body droped on 24s towing a trailer full of furniture from his house ahahah!

Sounds like a nice kit for sure though, Just an idea for AVS add an option for compressor and tank to make it complete price then see the price difference between both companys
I'd like to see that price myself.

Also, am I correct in thinking the Accuair system does not show 4 corner air pressure in the display like AirLift and Ride Tech?
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
dv8customs

Correct, the accuair system does not include gauges of any kind
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
AVS_JASON
AIRBAGPARTS.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Caddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
I'd like to see that price myself.

Additional $260 to add Viair (400, 380, 444) compressor and 5 gallon aluminum tank.