The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
69 Sled Driver

Memories of my father (New guy from Ky)

Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I grew up around 67-72 trucks for many years, these happen to be a favorite for my Father when I was growing up. I can remember riding to Florida in the back of a green and white 72 long bed when I was 8 years old with my two sisters. Dad would put the topper on which had a sliding glass window so we could craw back and forth into the cab with him and mom. Wow, those where such great memories. I can recall 8 C10's that my dad had owned during my childhood and these memories are what has led me to where I am today. Two years ago we lost our father to an automoblie accident only a mile from home. So two months ago I started looking for a truck that would keep my memories alive of my father. After traveling to Alabama three weeks ago I found the truck that I was looking for. It's a 1969 short bed Chevy that is just like one that dad had owned. I will post a few pictues of it's current condition. I have a few plans in store but overall it's a really nice truck. I will try and post pictures as things change.
Attached Images

69 Sled Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
1ATony

Re: Memories of my father (New guy from Ky)

Nice ride!
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote