The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
ghostflyer

Re: Chrome Bumper: New or Used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C10Stepside View Post
Good idea. Closest thing in my part of town is Ace Hardware, which has been pretty hit or miss, but I keep trying. Maybe I'll try a few farther out towards the farms. Shoot, even the farm supply stores around here are getting hoity-toity, some of the highest prices I've seen anywhere!
Have you tried Tacoma Screw? If you don't have an account, PM me and I'll tell you how you can use mine.
Les
ghostflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
76C10Stepside

Re: Chrome Bumper: New or Used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostflyer View Post
Have you tried Tacoma Screw? If you don't have an account, PM me and I'll tell you how you can use mine.
Les
Thanks, Les! I thought about it, but dismissed them because I've not had good results with them in the past. The last time I needed bronze screws for an antique door I was restoring, they did not have the type I needed (wanted slotted or phillips, had to settle for square drive) and the prices were astronomical. That was about 10 years ago, and haven't been back since. At the time, they were pushing power tools in a big way, and did not seem at all interested in selling actual hardware! Things may have changed since then. Maybe I should give them another try...
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote