The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #1
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Thumbs up Andy, (longhornman)

Picked up carb at the P.O. today and also Money order..

Thanks Andy,

Ron
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Cool, hope it is exactly what I said it was. (as I'm sure you saw) I included the choke cable stuff since I took so long to send it.
Although, after sending it I think I remember saying that I would clean it inside and out, but I only cleaned the outside. It should be OK though, like I had said, it was on my truck when i posted it.
And after inspecting, I'm sure you saw the casting date, which I think should be 2000...maybe 99.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:13 AM   #3
RON WOODGEARD

Andy,

Cleaning it was no big deal, I'll probably slap it on the engine tomorrow,, Grandson wanted to do it today, but we were finishing up a few other things including installing the new billet grille. But I did take the time to set the two carbs side by side as posted elsewhere. My Carter gas something clogged in the idle circuitry. Too bad too. I liked that carb fom the time I bolted it on. I'll break down and buy a book and some carb dipping solution, then go through it and renew it.
I need to replace my heater core, It started leaking on us today. Heck, it was new 18 years ago,, This stuff they make these days anyways. Only 18 years out of a heater core, What could a person expect ??!!

Damned,,, That made me think,,, The heater core that I put in 18 years ago,,, Is OLDER then some of you on this board.:p L.O.L.

In fact, If I'm not mistaken,,, Andy, You were only in grade school or so. hehehehehe

Ron
Old 10-16-2003, 12:30 AM   #4
Longhorn Man

Yup, in 85 I was int eh 4th grade...Mrs Bacon was my teacher, a real PITA too, no one liked her, not even the nerds. (remember, you HAD to label everyone in grade school)
These carbs are really simple to freshen up, the main thing I hated was the fact that the main body wouldn't fit in the berrymans one gallon can of carb dip. As soon as you pour that stuff into another container, everything within 50 feet of the stuff will stink for a week, and you CAN'T wash the smell off either. Make sure to speay some cleaner into the hole where the jets are untill you see it come out of the discharge nozels up top. That is probably where your problem is..at least, that has been my problem on the Edelbrock I had a few years ago, and the one before that.
You think 18 years is too soon on your heater core? We just did one on a 97 F-150 in the shop...2 guys, and 12 hrs later, it rolled out the shop again.
Hate to see his bill.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:26 AM   #5
RON WOODGEARD

I'll have to buy some carb cleaner again, I threw the last stuff out when I moved, And it was probably as old as the heater core :p

I put the M.O. in the mailbox tonight, by the way.

It's hard to imagine having any vehicle so long. My daughter was hit in the side of the bed, on a side road when she was 16, I owned it for two years before that, and she's 32 now... I have pictures of the ten year old, crawling underneath it when I put the new motor in it, That would have been 8 years ago and 13,000 miles. (I turned the odometer back when I instaled all of the new parts, the first time)

Too danged long.....

Ron
Old 10-16-2003, 11:46 PM   #6
Longhorn Man

The only thing I still have from the early 80's is my atari 2600...and I still play it on ocasion too.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
72c10step
WHYBYNU when old will do?

Gotta love the Atari!
-1995 Polaris XCR600 Custom
-2003 Honda 300ex
72c10step is offline   Reply With Quote