The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
gmcdeadhead

vendors

with all the venders on the web selling aftermarket parts , which is a good one to buy from?, or are they all the same aftermarket stuff but just different companies selling them?.
gmcdeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
spacedebris

Re: vendors

I think it mostly is a matter of personal preference. For the most part, they all use the same sources for parts so which ones give the best price or best service.

Personally, I've been very happy with...
rockauto
truckandcarshop
year1
classicchevroletparts
summit

just to name a few. The only one I've ever had issues with is summit. As long as your not in a hurry for parts, they are great. However each and every time I've paid for expedited service they loose the order or ship to the wrong location. And I do mean EVERY time. But when I'm not in a hurry and use standard shipping, I have no issues.

But one thing to consider is that with these trucks, 60-66 chevy, a lot of the time there is not much of a choice. The big parts are available everywhere. But many of the small parts are just get where you can. An example would be the tail light lenses for my panel. Very few places have them so you just get them where you can
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote