The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #26
forestb

Re: Which color?

white
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
FetchMeAPepsi

I have to say the white too because of your blue truck. The white sets it off and says, "check me out!" while the black just says, "meh"

Though with that truck you can't go wrong either way. You've got a good looking truck there!

-FMP
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
ds916

The white really pops out at you for obvious reasons, but the black is bolder. I like the black because it is different, white was an original option and you will find more of those than black. The black helps add a little personal flavor.
ds916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
62 Barnfind

I think the white looks better. Black looks like it is waiting to be painted.
My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513
62 Barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
ABX131

White
ABX131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

I prefer the white on the blue truck.. Black would prolly look better on a lighter color truck.. Silver would be middle ground..

Maybe someone here can photoshop a color change for you.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
2001 Blazer 4D 2WD
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
theastronaut

White.

Since you asked, and this is just how I feel about flat black- flat black is looks cheap and unfinished because that's what people have been using it for for so long. Yes, "everybody" is doing it but they have been for a decade and I believe it's beginning to play out. Or I hope so atleast. What do guys that buy and flip cars do? Paint them flat black since it's cheap, easy, hides alot, and they can advertise it as a really cool "rat rod". Flat black was really cool when people first started doing it, but now it's just an overdone cliche. Again, just my opinion.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 AM   #33
63swag

Thanks to everyone who responded, it seems the whites have it! But I havent completely decided yet. The white does match the pin stripping (which I like) but the black does make it look diffrent than stock. Today I tried painting the letters of the grill red to tie that back in with the pin stripping but quickly found out my hands are way to shakey for fine detail paint like that so I will try a diffrent aproach soon. Working this weekend but will get some new pictures up next week with the red letters. Oh yea and a few more things: I may be scuffing the blue down this winter (Its hot rod flatz daytona blue and i don't like the medium gloss of it, just looks awkward in the sun) so the pin stripes may have to be redone. Second: if I do keep the flat black I want to paint black scallops on the roof hood and sides and do a red pin stripe around them and also paint all other chrome flat black. Third: The interior is a red and low gloss black so this whole paint trial is mainly trying to tie the whole truck together (there was no other white on the truck besides the front end). Thanks again to everyone for your input, I'm fairly new to the site and apreciate all the help and compliments.
63swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #34
62 Barnfind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63swag View Post
Thanks to everyone who responded, it seems the whites have it! But I havent completely decided yet. The white does match the pin stripping (which I like) but the black does make it look diffrent than stock. Today I tried painting the letters of the grill red to tie that back in with the pin stripping but quickly found out my hands are way to shakey for fine detail paint like that so I will try a diffrent aproach soon. Working this weekend but will get some new pictures up next week with the red letters. Oh yea and a few more things: I may be scuffing the blue down this winter (Its hot rod flatz daytona blue and i don't like the medium gloss of it, just looks awkward in the sun) so the pin stripes may have to be redone. Second: if I do keep the flat black I want to paint black scallops on the roof hood and sides and do a red pin stripe around them and also paint all other chrome flat black. Third: The interior is a red and low gloss black so this whole paint trial is mainly trying to tie the whole truck together (there was no other white on the truck besides the front end). Thanks again to everyone for your input, I'm fairly new to the site and apreciate all the help and compliments.
I used hotrod flatz also. It looks good in the shade but in the sun you see streaking. The back of my truck is better because i have about 4 coats on it. I am planning on a painter to do the rest of the truck after I get the bed finished. I am thinking on getting 66 GMC for my son I found in a field and your color would fit it perfectly.
My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513
62 Barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #35
Elnutty

White !!
Posted via Mobile Device
Elnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
sandiego65

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
White.

Since you asked, and this is just how I feel about flat black- flat black is looks cheap and unfinished because that's what people have been using it for for so long. Yes, "everybody" is doing it but they have been for a decade and I believe it's beginning to play out. Or I hope so atleast. What do guys that buy and flip cars do? Paint them flat black since it's cheap, easy, hides alot, and they can advertise it as a really cool "rat rod". Flat black was really cool when people first started doing it, but now it's just an overdone cliche. Again, just my opinion.
I agree good points.
Posted via Mobile Device
sandiego65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #37
baggedbigblock

White. You messed up on this one! rest of the truck looks great
baggedbigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #38
Volvo_Matt

CHROME IT!!!! Just sayin'..
Old 10-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #39
Iron-Butt
454 club

White
1963 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl automatic with dual exhaust, pb, ps and 17's.
R.I.P "I will miss you.
1967 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl Custom lwb
1939 Chevrolet Coupe, 350 v8 automatic.
1935 Chevrolet 2 Dr Standard in the works.
2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide.
2023 Chevrolet Stingray Z51 Convertible.

I never want to grow up.
Iron-Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #40
63swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedbigblock View Post
White. You messed up on this one! rest of the truck looks great
Man, ya'll are starting to get harsh!

I've comitted to the black this far so I will finish with the red letters to see how it turns out but am seriously considering the silver. Its only a few hours of time and a little paint plus you never know how it will actually look till you do it. One more 12 hour graveyard and i will get er done.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #41
63swag

I'm sure everyone has lost intrest in this but here is the pic with painted letters.
[IMG][/IMG]

The silver idea has kind of stuck with me also, if i like it then I will paint the inside of my door panels and glove box door with it to spred it out throughout the truck. Which should I go with, the metallic satin or metallic gloss?
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #42
Billett

I take it back, the red really ties it in fantastically, and I didn't realize before that this was the only white part of the truck.

What and why are you painting silver? Not being critical, but I think I missed that part
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #43
63burban
Chevy addict

No need to tie the silver in with the interior, these trucks weren't designed that way. But gloss silver on the outside and satin on the inside. The silver grill will make the blue truck pop more, remember, you don't want the grill to catch people's eyes but the overall package.I used cast blast on my grill and front bumper, it's a little less drastic than white and a little more classy than black. Black is kinda rednecky. Not to hurt anyone's feelings. I did do the whole interior in my 63 with cast blast spray cans because it was quick and the interior was multi colored.
The letters on the grill can be done in the same blue as the truck or just get the decal kit in black. (subtle)
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #44
wannabelower

Is off-white an option? :-)
I prefer it in white as well!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #45
hopped up

White
Posted via Mobile Device
hopped up is offline   Reply With Quote