The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Rusbuilt

Truck or Blazer

I'm thinking about trading my truck for a 2wd blazer. I love my truck but now that we are expecting a little boy I would like to have something that my family plus my dog can fit in. I'm so torn though because I love my truck! Tell me what you guys think!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
turp mcspray

Re: Truck or Blazer

I've had a bunch of trucks over the years, but ever since I bought my 1st blazer, they have been my favorite!
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
KenH303

Myself I would say both. You never know when you going to need to haul something. That and I'm just a fan of these models and if I could I would have the Blazer, Truck, and Suburban as they are great looking machines.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
RustyBucket

The main attraction to the Blazer for me is the topless part. I've had it for a year and haven't had the top on it since right after I got it. I keep the bed cover on it, so it's a 2 seater. I'd rather blast around in the Blazer than work on getting my '67 stepside on the road. The older I get the LAZY-IER I get............ and I wasn't any "ball of fire" when I was young.
Current toy trucks:
'71 GMC 1500 SUPER CUSTOM short/step, orig. dk. blue, 350/700r, ps,pb, A/C
'72 Blazer 2wd, ochre & white, 454, tremecTKO 500 5spd. ps, pb, A/C, tilt

Last 10yrs of hobby vehicles, had a FEW more in the 50yrs. before these:
'66 Plymouth Belvedere City of Miami cop car clone.
'70 Nova 406"sb, 13.5-1, solid roller, Brodix, p.glide/t.brake, back halved, 9" Ford, spool 4.88, cage,ladder bar/coilover, 10.5 tire....... SOLD!!
'67 C10 short/step side mount spare -- SOLD!!
'72 Jimmy 2wd, 350/350, ps, pb, fun driver, lots of bondo & a shiny red paint job..... SOLD!!
'69 Nova 350, 4spd, A/C, ps, p.b, ...SOLD!!
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Rusbuilt

Yeah I like that too and I think my wife would enjoy something like that. We plan to move back to east Tennessee in the next few years and a blazer would be a blast to cruse through the Smokies with the top off!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
truckster

I have owned a 64 Chevy, a 66 GMC, a 70 and a 72 Chevy, and several newer Chevy trucks. By far my favorite is the Blazer. I have a lightweight flatbed trailer for anything large I need to haul.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
big_al_71

I would trade my truck in a heartbeat for a similiar condition bad ass blazer point being you can fit your whole family and still have a ton of fun with it as you could with a truck.

I say DO IT!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Rusbuilt

Thanks Al I probably will.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Get a burb! Plenty of room for fam and gear and good towing potential!

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
Get a burb! Plenty of room for fam and gear and good towing potential!
A burb is a little bigger than I want plus I can't remove the top!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
I'm thinking about trading my truck for a 2wd blazer. I love my truck but now that we are expecting a little boy I would like to have something that my family plus my dog can fit in. I'm so torn though because I love my truck! Tell me what you guys think!
Looks like you short bed guys are having trouble fitting everything? Lol. Sorry, this long bed guy couldn't resist.

Your kid could always go in the car sear in the middle of the bench, with your woman on the passenger side. Dog in the back leashed so he can't jump out, with your other gear back there, as long as you don't have too much.

SUVs are cool, and the fact that you can take the top off is really fun. I'd get one, but try to keep both if you can.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Rusbuilt

I love my truck but my wife hates old stuff. lol I'm hoping if I got a blazer she would enjoy it more. She's only rode in my truck one time! haha
Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
truckster

Quote:
I love my truck but my wife hates old stuff. lol I'm hoping if I got a blazer she would enjoy it more. She's only rode in my truck one time! haha
My wife didn't realy appreciate any of my trucks - she actually hated the 70 (could have had something to do with how much time I spent working on it). But she really enjoys riding in the Blazer on the warm summer evenings when I take her out for ice cream.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
If she doesn't like old stuff, why are you thinking that buying an OLD Blazer would be a good idea? From the front seat forward, it's essentially identical to your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
White70C20

Definitely keep the truck. This body style (67-72) is the most popular of all GM trucks ever made. Plus, unless you have a hose-out interior (VW Thing), everything will be ruined when it rains. Just my 2 cents worth.
Posted via Mobile Device

1970 Blue C20 - 250, 4 speed
1985 Ford Thunderbird
2005 Pontiac G6
White70C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
If she doesn't like old stuff, why are you thinking that buying an OLD Blazer would be a good idea? From the front seat forward, it's essentially identical to your truck.
That's true in a sense, if you exclude the removable top, but (no offense to truck owners) the Blazer is a very different ride, especially once you take the top off.

Rusbuilt, do you know anyone who has a Blazer in your area? Maybe you could arrange for your wife to see it and ride in it.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
Coley

Smile Re: Truck or Blazer

Quote:
Oh, oh, it sounds like very shortly there is a new mini-van in your future.....and no classic trucks for probably.....21.3 years.
When that little bundle of joy arrives expect some new rules from the little lady and some of those will be of what will be the 'new' family truckster....and I'll bet dollars to donuts, it won't be classic truck stuff (unfortunately).
(....sigh.....you wouldn't be the first dude!!)
Good Luck
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
That's true in a sense, if you exclude the removable top, but (no offense to truck owners) the Blazer is a very different ride, especially once you take the top off.

Rusbuilt, do you know anyone who has a Blazer in your area? Maybe you could arrange for your wife to see it and ride in it.
Right, but at the end of the day, the truck and the Blazer are both old, and she apparently doesn't like old things. I suppose maybe having the wind blow through her hair might help her forget that the dash and pretty much everything else in her field of vision looks like the "old" truck she hated and would only ride in once, but that's hard to say.

I would agree with another post. I see something like this in her future :

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
99-LS1-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH303 View Post
Myself I would say both. You never know when you going to need to haul something. That and I'm just a fan of these models and if I could I would have the Blazer, Truck, and Suburban as they are great looking machines.
I agree with this. I have a Blazer but I wish I had a truck too...all the time.

1984 K10 beater truck
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
leddzepp

Both!
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Because I like old stuff! I'm just hoping she would like it better than the truck!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post

I don't but I've been looking!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Right, but at the end of the day, the truck and the Blazer are both old, and she apparently doesn't like old things. I suppose maybe having the wind blow through her hair might help her forget that the dash and pretty much everything else in her field of vision looks like the "old" truck she hated and would only ride in once, but that's hard to say.

I would agree with another post. I see something like this in her future :

Posted via Mobile Device
She has a new suv. I think she would ride in a blazer she mostly doesn't like the truck because our dog can't ride up front with us (german shepherd). And now we are about to have a baby so we need something a little bigger! I appreciate your input but I feel like you are leaving me out of the equation. At some point I have to have something that I like!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #24
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
She has a new suv. I think she would ride in a blazer she mostly doesn't like the truck because our dog can't ride up front with us (german shepherd). And now we are about to have a baby so we need something a little bigger! I appreciate your input but I feel like you are leaving me out of the equation. At some point I have to have something that I like!
Ok, well that changes things a bit, knowing she has a new SUV. I guess I still don't understand the whole dog thing. Dogs and trucks were made for each other. Like peanut butter and jelly. Not sure how a Blazer is better for a dog owner. That's a big dog too. How will it be able to ride up front with you in a blazer?

Also, I hear you about doing something for you, but I also know how women are, and how they get when they have a baby. What we as men think is fun and all, isn't always to them. For example, a newborn in the back seat of an open blazer with wind and sun is like the end of the world to a new mother.

I think she's gonna rain on your parade no matter what you do, so you may as well get (or keep)what you want, and use her SUV for riding together
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #25
dwarf717

Quote:
Yeah I like that too and I think my wife would enjoy something like that. We plan to move back to east Tennessee in the next few years and a blazer would be a blast to cruse through the Smokies with the top off!
Maybe...if your wife enjoys cruising through the mountains with the top off, she'll cruise with her top off too!!! Something to think about!!
I couldnt resist that one!
dwarf717 is offline   Reply With Quote