The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
doublearrow

power window regulator assembly

How the heck do you get the power window regulator assembly through the hole in the door. Ive seen the write up on 73 to 87 site on how to replace the motor but i cant even get it out of the door. How do i remove the lock hardware thats in the way and which way do i contort the stuff to get it out? Thanks for any help.
Posted via Mobile Device
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
egaray281

Re: power window regulator assembly

it can be a pain in the a$$! you have to roll it down about halfway then take off about 6 bolts i think, remove the door handle then the window assembly will be loose in the door, remove the window from the assembly by just pushing the assembly to the side it should just roll out, pull your window up it should be loose have someone hold it in the closed position or put something to hold it up now push your window switch down as if your closing your window then pull it out the hole its gonna take some wiggling and pulling but it'll come out also look on autozone.com at their instructions on how to pull it out thats how i had figured it out
egaray281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
doublearrow

Are you saying hook up electricity and make the assembly move like it's in the down window position? I looked for instructions on autozone but can't find regulator removal instructions. Thanks for getting me headed in the right direction egaray.
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
egaray281

what i mean is just dont unplug your window motor until its basically out and yes when its lose and the window is removed move the assembly into the window down position, and yea i really dont remember how i came across it on autozone but i think i was looking up prices for the window regulator and and when your actually looking at the part on the right hand side of the screen it should show if you wana see the assembly diagram and as you go more stuff starts to show up
egaray281 is offline   Reply With Quote