The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Unrestored survivor. 26,000 original miles on craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Sure is a beauty! Just curious, would an otherwise red / white interior have had a tan dash pad and steering wheel & column ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
A non-tilt wheel white interior would have sandalwood (ivory/light tan) dash and column in '71-72.

I'm just having a hard time with "Unrestored survivor".
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yep,all 70-72 Parchment interiors came with Sandalwood dash pad,column,and steering wheel. All interiors w/tilt had those parts black. It amazes me how many low mile survivors we see of these trucks. We see a huge amount of survivors,period. It goes to show all you young bucks and newbies just how loved these trucks have been from day one,for at least some of us. I've know more old fellers who bought these new and it was the last truck they bought. I've seen more of these trucks being sold "only" because the owner just plain had to stop driving...or still hung onto it,but was selling the house to move into a nursing home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
My 72 came with Parchment interior, black dash pad, black column, black wheel. The bench seat was deluxe houndstooth and the seatbelts were also black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Atkinson View Post
X2 on my 71 super
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Mine too. No tilt.

I guess I should have left the "all" part out. The point of my post was not meant as so absolute or technical as it seems some took it to be. I didn't really put that much thought into it. Someone asked if a Parchment interior would have those Sandalwood pieces. Someone answered that they could and I replied to back that up and add that '70s also had this combo. The focus here is on a '72 survivor and nothing about the interior suggests it may not be authentic. Also,nothing about the grille says non-original. It's always hard to believe such a low mile and cherry survivor claim. Yet,they are out there and from the pictures this one could just be one.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #27
70c10-08

Cool Re: Unrestored survivor. 26,000 original miles on craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild4wheels View Post
It's Nebraska .. they LOVE Red ... trust me, I flew over Lincoln on game day ... whew!
Yup lol we sure do Go Big Red!!! lol looks like a nice truck too bad i dont have the funds or space right now
70c10-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
cleszkie

Re: Unrestored survivor. 26,000 original miles on craigslist

I studied the pictures like the true truck freak I am, and here are my thoughts:

1) The seat vinyl is like a shade or two brighter than the door panels (its immaculate). Even an old seat shows some darkening of the stitching, but not this one. It hasn't even seen a fart. It may be a replacement. My parchment interior all has the same age on it and matches between the pieces.

2) Whats up with the black stuff on the kick panels and door bottoms (carpet, paint, or..)?. Thats not stock.

3) The parking brake release handle (black plastic) is very faded or grayed out just like the the one in my 72 Blazer, which has tons of top off miles. Too much fade compared to the pristine dash and steering wheel, which I suspect are replacements.

4) That chrome step bumper came right out of the LMC catalog.

Don't get me wrong, its a very nice truck, but I think the stated mileage may be a tad low.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote