The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Berg

Re: bumper height adjustment?

This is actually a problem I had with a past truck that needed the body lift to clear some mods that were done underhood. My solution to the front was cutting the front frame horns off and welding 1/8" plate across, then re-welding the ears back on that I had removed to fill the gap. I then filled in with some scrap pieces of frame to make up some reinforcement just in case it ever got hit and needed the strength. The rear section on a Blazer is a little more difficult and I don't recommend doing the same mod for the fact that the torsion rods for the tailgate hook to special bolts that look like door strikers which are bolted to the frame. If you have a trailer hitch you will also need the rearmost section for the hitch. I never had a body lift in a Blazer but I'd imagine you'd have to do something special if you wanted to keep the torsion rods anyway. Maybe fill in with box tubing or get the rearmost frame clip for the bumper to mount to. Either way you'd probably have the rails hanging out under the bumper and it might look funny
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote