The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
68C1087GTA

Introduction time....

Let's see....

New to the C10 world, not new to the car world. 41yrs old in Central Texas & have been working on 3rd gens (82-92 Camaro/Firebirds for years) but this is my first C10.

Back in the late 90s, me & my wife (that is her in the background putting vinyl stripes on her Camaro) pull into our driveway to find a 1968 SWB FS C10 backed into the driveway, but nobody around. After a phone call to my dad I found out that he had bought it & "hid" it at my house, to give him time to tell my Mom that he had bought it rather than just showing up with it at their house.

Fast forward to a little while back & he says that he is giving it to me. I lost my wife in a car wreck in 2004 & still have pictures of it & my late wife working on her 1990 Camaro next to it.

Anyways.....It is here at my new house as of about a week ago & I scored a 305 TPI/700R4 out of a buddies 1984 Camaro Z28 that I was able to drive before the engine being pulled, so I know it is in great shape.

I've gotta go pick up wheels/tires (it is on blocks right now) for it this week then start getting the engine tranny it it. It had a 327/400 (blown tranny) in it before so I hafta go get engine & tranny mounts & see about how the tranny crossmember lines up with the 400 tranny crossmember. I asked about that in another thread.

Hood is off, gotta clean up the engine bay now. I got the bench seat out & the gas tank out this last weekend & will be relocating a tank to under the bed after I get the donor tank out of the donor car & the bed off the '68.

I did a quick & dirty Photoshop to get an idea of what it will look like before I really go full bore with the build. Due to my limited budget right now, it is gonna be a "rat rod" build to get it driveable to start with.
68C1087GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
1ATony

Re: Introduction time....

Sorry for your loss. Looks like a great truck to restore.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: Introduction time....

Welcome aboard from Central Florida. That truck has HUGE potential!
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote