The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
chev3600

Re: lambo doors

Or the best looking set of gull wing doors- the Mercedes 300sl. For "roll down doors, there has been a few. BMW z1 is a nice factory model. Check out www.disappearing-car-door.com , alot of YouTube videos are about them.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...0/AD%20trucks/jumbled mess of unorganized photos
chev3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
mr48chev

I've seen one AD truck with gullwing doors and it was not that great but that may have been due to the way the guy did it and the workmanship level on the truck. He had cut the bottom foot off the doors and that part hinged down making it a long reach to get out of the truck.

over the past 30 something years that my 48 has had suicide doors the reception has been about 50/50 Some guys think it's great and a couple even studied it pretty hard have copied it and improved on it. A few took it upon themselves to tell me I had ruined the truck by either suiciding the doors or chopping the top or both The top was done a year before the doors were done. They aren't without their problems and that includes having one come open when the truck is moving.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #28
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
My dad used to say when I was a kid (and he's been gone for almost 25 years, so this is like 1965),

"J.C. Whitney - Everything you DON'T need for your car!"
My dad (40+ year auto tech) always said to me if GM wanted it on there it would have came with it. The older i get the more i understand it most of its junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtusmc View Post
I tried to photoshop an AD with lambo doors but my program shut down and gave me a virus.
thats gold

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote