The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
OrrieG

Vote today

Just voted and normally I walk in and there at 2-3 people at 11am. There were over 60. Lots of local issues and of course the Presidential. I do not care who you support, and don't turn this into a political thing, just go vote. Over the years hundred of thousands have given their lives for your privledge to express your opinion.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
xpickup

Re: Vote today

OrrieG, leaving in 20 minutes to go. This is the first time for a presidential one for me. Hope it is not to crazy there. I have to change out the anti freeze in the panel before it gets to cold for it to freeze.

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Chevette

□ Obama

□ Romney

■ mkittle

Question: Know how to sell your truck for $50,000?
Answer: Spend $100,000 building it.
Chevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Just voted and normally I walk in and there at 2-3 people at 11am. There were over 60. Lots of local issues and of course the Presidential. I do not care who you support, and don't turn this into a political thing, just go vote. Over the years hundred of thousands have given their lives for your privledge to express your opinion.
x2
Couldn't have said it better myself. Going to leave work a little early today, stop by home and pick up the woman then head for the poll.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
meter swinger

Mailed mine yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Dan in Pasadena

Me and my S.O. were first in line at our polling place at 7am out here in suburbia. Nice short line of folks; maybe 7-8. Took me all of 10-12 minutes and there were more as I left.

Get out there and vote you guys!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
arturo7

I wrote myself in for HB City Council. Unfortunately, the Mayor's job wasn't on the ballot this year.

build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=542073
arturo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
booger1949

im really thinking this was my last time to vote
booger1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger1949 View Post
Well I'm sure glad that people who suffered for our rights did not have that attitude. Exercising and cherishing our rights is the way we honor them. Its not about the outcome of elections. Its about being able to vote period.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-08-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevette View Post
□ Obama

□ Romney

■ mkittle
LOL I am sombody!

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
coralhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger1949 View Post
I took it as you hope to be able to vote again.

It is what it is.
coralhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
I took it as you hope to be able to vote again.

It is what it is.
that's what I thought.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Well I'm sure glad that people who suffered for our rights did not have that attitude. Exercising and cherishing our rights is the way we honor them. Its not about the outcome of elections. Its about being able to vote period.
Right on, Bam.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #14
fabguy
Elev8r Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
+1
Posted via Mobile Device

My F.B. project page.
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
mr48chev

We vote by mail in this state and from the looks of things 40 something percent of the registered voters in the state are too cheap to buy a stamp or too lazy or self important to take the time to vote. Three weeks to mark a ballot and mail it in or drop it off sure isn't a lot of rush on a person.
I didn't like the idea at first but this time around I was able to dig the voter pamphlet and read up on an issue and then go on the net and study some more and when I felt I understood what it was about mark the ballot. My 86 year old mother liked it for the same reason.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #16
lmdangerous

Seems to be a common sense issue to me . I have kin that paid the ultimate price (WWII and Korea). Watched my uncle get spit on when he came home from Veitnam_ I Never forgot that.
The problem is that common sense is not common any more.I see it in the classroom, workplace, and God help us - the general public.True freedom is not free.I voted in hopes that we will return to greatness.I voted to show my children that the world owes you nothing. I voted to have faith in values that are not promised - and quickly disappear when we stop thinking for ourselves.
The problem is that when that is gone -the same people that didnt vote will be the first to ***** and complain, and expect those of us that did ( reguardless of who you voted for ) to save them. Sorry if I offended anyone - but its a very sore spot with me .Remember -Rome was not built or burned in a day.
lmdangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
booger1949

what good is it to vote anyway, every one of them r snakes in the grass no matter who you vote for, an aint nobody owe me a dam thing, ive packed myself for 45 years so why would i need help now, an ive had kin in the armed forces who have died for this country, this country is worth diein for,an u want to talk about idiots not only do i have 25 years in with the government but i also have that many years in with the firedepartment, so i work around the general public near about 24/7 an i c an meet some very special people, an this world is full of them, i dont live on food stamps r welfare so if i choose to not vote whos bussiness is it to tell me other wise
booger1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
sweet70beast

I work for a city government and I get tired of the government mentality that goes on in all local, state and federal level. I don't live inside the city limits so I can't vote but I wish I could. Too many people in the city have the same attitude that you seem to, so they don't vote either. I hear from lots of people how sick they are of whats going on. I ask them if they are going to vote those people out and change the situation and they tell me no. They aren't going to vote because it won't do any good. I don't understand that logic. We don't live in a dictatorship so every vote does count and is very important. One vote may not win the election but if there is enough votes then the ones in power will take notice that the people aren't happy. Look at what's going on in the republican party right now. If we don't vote then we are taking the "for the people by the people" out of government. If that happens then we will no longer have any say over what happens.
I'm sorry for the soap box.
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made
sweet70beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
NEWFISHER

Read the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of this. It will aswer alot of questions and should clear up why people do not go out and vote individually anymore. 2012 Elections were over and the President was announced before the poll's closed for Hawaii and Alaska.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elector...(United_States)

Sorry, link will not work as designed. you must click the " Did you mean: Electoral College (United States)" link at the first page and read the second. Tried to fix it a few times.

Quoted from the Modern Mechanics section: "The constitutional theory behind the indirect election of both the President and Vice President of the United States is that while the Congress is popularly elected by the people,[30] the President and Vice President are elected to be executives of a federation of independent states"

This messes up alot of people. They may want to vote, but believe that their vote will not count and a higher power of Government will elect who they want anyway. This thread should be closed or will go on and on and on....back to freely shopping for stuff on my truck. Thank you to those who fought and continue to fight for the GREAT USA

Last edited by NEWFISHER; 11-15-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: link issues
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote