The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
66gmc250

66 gmc 250 carb upgrade recomendations / gearing

my truck currently has a Rochester 1 barrel and i had rebuilt it but it still leaks due to a previous owner striping and jb welding were the fuel line goes in to it and was looking at getting another 1 barrel but ppl have recommended me to get a newer style but i don't want anything that would rob my mileage i want something to improve it

and i also know i need to change my gears in the rear b/c i am at about 2500 rpm at 55 and think i need to change it down but i don't know what to get it changed to
66gmc250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
kieth

Re: 66 gmc 250 carb upgrade recomendations / gearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gmc250 View Post
my truck currently has a Rochester 1 barrel and i had rebuilt it but it still leaks due to a previous owner striping and jb welding were the fuel line goes in to it and was looking at getting another 1 barrel but ppl have recommended me to get a newer style but i don't want anything that would rob my mileage i want something to improve it

and i also know i need to change my gears in the rear b/c i am at about 2500 rpm at 55 and think i need to change it down but i don't know what to get it changed to
PM me on this board with this information:

email address

engine

transmission

rear axle ratio

tire diameter (ground to top of tire on rear of truck)

I will send you a excell spreadsheet that shows usable torque to the ground, for most gm engines with different transmissions, tires, rear axle ratios, --- and how fast the truck will be going at 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000rpm. Kieth
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote