The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Re: Lost interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've never had this problem. The only thing that I've ever lacked is time or money. Just think of the final result. If you really want that you will find the motivation it takes. It ain't gonna get there by itself
i can agree with this, i have several projects going 67,71, 59 waiting, s-10 blazer trailer, house and couple others cars waiting. I hardly ever lose interest i just get a little job done on this one, jump to another little job on this one etc. Only time that gets me down is winter as i work outside on the dirt hopefully to change in a month or so. The thing that helps me is a board on my wall that i write down little to do projects on and when I'm done and erase it feels great!

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #27
rico7769
Hybrid67

watch anything on speed tv or overhaulin to get motivated. I also just take time to remember how it used to look and what I've done so far. I've had mine for 4 years and just got carpet in it. I'm only able to drive it once a week or so until I get it car seat compatible too so I can't wait to mess with it. Everyday, I look inisde to see all the things I've done to get where it is today. That's inspiration enough for me.

All show.....no go
rico7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #28
starfire58

Cool Re: Lost interest

Stumbling onto this site and joining this board has been a big motivation for me this year. I was kind of stalled out on my truck for a while and even considered selling it. My '71 has been in my family since my Dad bought it in 1977,so to consider selling it was a sad thing for me. But now, I've been working on it a lot due to finding this board and checking out everybody's posts and pics. I've gotten all my questions answered and bought a few parts from other members and most importantly,got excited about my truck again. There's a lot of knowledge on this site and I've learned a few things too. Anyway, just my $.02.
starfire58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
longhorn70gmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 custom View Post
Have any one lost interest in there projects and can't fined anything to spark a interest in it if so what did y'all do to get it back
Posted via Mobile Device
Here is what I have done over the decade to stay interested or peak my interests. I have collected each and every parts book out there that offers parts for our trucks like LMC, Classic, Classic Industries, Brothers and The Truck Shop along with a few others. I consistently renew the books and most importantly I read them almost every day keeping them handy where ever I have a down moment or whatever. I have studied these things so much that it helps me create a big picture in my head of the parts I want, the best cost I can get and what I want to tackle next, I have disassembled my truck and put it back together several times in allot of the same areas. I have familiarized myself at truly understanding it and what it needs. Another thing I have done is I go out just about every night of the week after I get home from work and I look at my truck everyday thinking of what and when, to help with attacking it. My wife doesn’t like it, but I have made this truck my buddy and I am darn determined to finish it. I am not doing it to sell it; I am doing it for the passion of it and the dream to drive it to enjoy it. Like climbing Mt Everest for some would be a dream, for me it is to make this truck mine and enjoy it. Rome wasn't built over night, but one day I know my truck will be on the road for any and all people interested to look at and enjoy. The thrill of knowing I can drive it to the local show will be nice and maybe I might even win a trophy or something. Last, this website has been my inspiration and supporting cast as well. Even when I don't need something I still visit and read over the message and parts forums. I have also learned that eventually any and all things for our trucks will be offered or sold on here for the right price and it is exciting when you finally get that special item. I have become a little Hubcap crazy by decorating my garage with 67-76 ½ ton and Ύ ton Chevy & GMC caps. To sum it all up I have just made it a part of my life and I re dedicate myself everyday!
Good Luck with your and stay true and just enjoy your truck for yourself!!!!!

V/R

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
HotRod C/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bost View Post
I totally lost interest in mine for a while. Then I had to move, that forced me to get the cab on the frame. Then I decided to just get it running. It is always more fun to work on them when you can drive it along the way. Now I just take one job at a time.
I need to get mine running....

-1976 SILVERADO
YUBA GOLD/NEUTRAL (2-TONE)
HotRod C/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
turbosix

That is exactly what I'm going thru right now. I have an '87 Buick Grand National that I've had for going on 14 years. The car has been a BLAST but I spun a bearing coming home from work 4 years ago, the paint started to turn white and it has sat since then. I finely rebuilt the engine and detailed the engine bay while it was out. It's running now but I haven't driven it yet due to needing tires and front bumper fillers. I guess not having a v-8 for all this time is part of the problem. I've never owned a 67-72 but I have always liked them so I've been looking. I think I have found one, I told the guy it was sold over the phone if nothing major is wrong. I'm hoping that satisfying the v-8 urge will help me get interested in the GN again.
turbosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
benny70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemotohead View Post
Boy you guys are making me Depressed! I bust ass on my car stuff all the time,,its realy not that hard if you get after it and GET ER DUN! My 71 was in a box a couple months ago (2) and now its running with a 40 gal suburban tank under the bed and a big block under the hood! I am putting disc brakes on my autocross corvair,,building a 3L Turbo engine for the Landspeed corvair so I can go 200+ next year at Bonneville, building another engine for my buddies car,,working on my 38 chevy,cutting up cars for body parts,,selling crap on ebay,and about 5 other car related projects! all ya gotta do is Set your mind to what ya want to get done and DO IT! Time is a wasting Boys! drink a 5 hour energy and GET AFTER IT!!!
I feel like this is an oxymoron..
benny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemotohead View Post
Boy you guys are making me Depressed! I bust ass on my car stuff all the time,,its realy not that hard if you get after it and GET ER DUN! My 71 was in a box a couple months ago (2) and now its running with a 40 gal suburban tank under the bed and a big block under the hood! I am putting disc brakes on my autocross corvair,,building a 3L Turbo engine for the Landspeed corvair so I can go 200+ next year at Bonneville, building another engine for my buddies car,,working on my 38 chevy,cutting up cars for body parts,,selling crap on ebay,and about 5 other car related projects! all ya gotta do is Set your mind to what ya want to get done and DO IT! Time is a wasting Boys! drink a 5 hour energy and GET AFTER IT!!!
I luv Corvairs.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #34
70cst

Lot of good input.

I agree sometimes you need to step back and take a break. Attend some car shows. When your hobby becomes work instead of a labor of love...its time to step back and take a break and relax.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #35
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Maybe you've lost interest because deep down the truck isn't really what you want to play with and build.

Ive made a ton of excuses about my panel over the years, been thinking real hard about it lately and that's what Ive come up with. (I think lol)

I recently picked up another ride, and I'm constantly planning all the little things I want to do with it. And when I go out in the shop ... it makes me smile =)