The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
Firebirdjones

Re: Wow! $38,995.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab59 View Post
All the t-case are mounted that way ,between the trans and the case. The Np205 which was in the blazer also had a side mount. The t-case you see is a Np208 and they also used a strut rod to the trans converter cover.
Not exactly. What I'm getting at is there is no cross member under the case. Mine has an extra factory crossmember to support the bottom of the case, as well as the side mount to the frame that you mentioned.

This one forsale has neither, and is not factory. I don't see a strut rod to the trans converter cover either. Is there one I'm not seeing?

What I was eluding to is that it appears they didn't mate the 700 to the original 205 for what ever reason, and just eliminated all the factory case mounting. Probably because the 208 wouldn't work with the original stuff,,,but since this whole truck is a custom job,,,,why not fab a custom cross member for some support while you're in there. I don't like the idea of having a big hunk like hanging off the back of the trans only relying on 4-6 case bolts of the trans to hold it in place. Bouncing around off road could be a bad thing, and I see driveline vibrations possibly being an issue if that thing even moves around slightly. Might get away with it, but it's definately not how I would have built the thing.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarMan View Post
That interior doesn't match the exterior at all to me. Would look better black
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually the tan with the orange looks very classy and sharp, and it's a very popular combo among the street rod community.

I think it's that dark brown insert that really throws it off though. I might have chosen a cloth insert a slightly different shade of tan just to throw a very subtle difference in there and brighten up the inside a bit.

But that's the beauty of building these things, you build to your taste.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #28
blazerboy72

I just went to check it out but it sold yesterday. They said they sell as fast as they can get them, atleast one of mine will be headed that way.
Posted via Mobile Device
blazerboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote