The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Skruffy

Question about selling 71 Cheyenne Super

Okay, I've been away from everything for several years now. I was saving one of the several trucks I had for a project, but due to various reasons see that isn't going to happen, so I'm going to sell it.

As it sits the trucks motor is toast and self-destructed in a noisy finale. However, I have a low mileage Factory crate motor from another truck on an engine stand.

I'm trying to give the complete situation here without making this a disguised "For Sale" ad, so please bear with me.

I'll just say the truck is from Texas, little rust and has been in garage for 15 years.

My question (finally) is: How far do you think I should go/spend before trying to sell it? I can no longer do the work myself. I could have the engine put in, but I'm not sure I would call it a "driver" even if I did.

If I'm not selling it as a driver, that would make it a project and I don't know if installing the engine would add that much value. Being in the snow belt, I think the lack of rust might mean more than being running.

Any thought appreciated.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
MidLifer

Re: Question about selling 71 Cheyenne Super

Oops, somehow I read the word "Factory" for "Ford". So the post I had up here (which I edited) should be ignored.

Since you're a premium member, why not try putting the truck up as-is on the for sale board here? You can always say no to offers. And if you found someone who was interested but wanted to drive the truck away, you could figure out how much your time is worth to drop the crate motor in.
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Skruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifer View Post
Since you're a premium member, why not try putting the truck up as-is on the for sale board here? You can always say no to offers. And if you found someone who was interested but wanted to drive the truck away, you could figure out how much your time is worth to drop the crate motor in.
Thanks, I might do that. The problem is I don't have pictures at the moment and I'm not near (3 hrs) where the truck is stored. I might try it anyway.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

There's going to be plenty of people that would want it without a drivetrain. Sell it as is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote