The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
chevymadness

Want to level 4x2 what to do how high?

Hi guys I been aggravated by having a sagging ass truck for the paste 2 years so I want to level it out preety good with a 2.5 inch (if its possible) or just the standard 2 inch if I have to.I was young and dumb in high school didn't know anything about trucks and baught a 2x4 in excitement lol now the truck has thousands in dollors into it and sentimental love I'm now stuck with a sagging truck.I was going to originally rig the truck up to 4 inches which I would love but since its a god damn 4x2 I guess I will level it out for now untill I do a full swap.Anyway most shops around here are morons to the point were they said they could lift my truck to as tall as I wanted but it sooned turned to bs.I would like to have atleast a 2.5 lift I don't know what blocks to buy for the back leaf springs and what heavy duty springs to put in the front (how tall,brand) and what issues I would run into if I would need a pitman arm or whatever.The truck is a 82 silverado 10.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all about original guys original let me say again original.
chevymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
SSC's76
No No

well 2wd trucks are easy to lift a bit less work then a 4wd and still the cool factor if thing if your thing. if you want to just level the truck out for now before you go full blown lift kit you could get some of those nuts for the coil springs that lift it up kinda spin in. I used these with my lowered truck to even it out from the extra weight of the bb. the second option if you can is to just get a body lift now and install it. there not very expensive at all easy to install and only requires adding a few extra inches to the filler neck hose. this way if you do go suspension lift further down the road you ahead of the game

Posted from 67-72chevytrucks.com App for Android
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
chevymadness

Re: Want to level 4x2 what to do how high?

Naw I don't want a body lift I just don't have time or much pay to get technical I just need a descent block and spring to get this thing off the sag look for now.I have a couple hundred preferably 200$ and hopefully labor will be cheap for me something in tht area
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all about original guys original let me say again original.
chevymadness is offline   Reply With Quote