The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
C0UCH

one piece window kits

Do they all still suck or is anyone making a decent kit now?

I haven't found any recent reviews on them, although they still seem to be for sale. Everything looks to be a bit old as far as the threads go and am wondering if they have been updated by now or not. If not, I'll steer clear.

Thanks in advance!
C0UCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
skorpioskorpio

Re: one piece window kits

I talked to One Piece Products (maker of the full to the corner version) on the phone and asked about some of the concerns that were voiced in the threads here and they responded with "no, those problems were fixed long ago". I also asked if highway speeds with the window cracked would be a problem, and added that I'm local to you so if I put one of your kits in and it shatters from flopping around while I'm going down the freeway, It'll come back to haunt you. He laughed and said I'd be fine. He seemed genuine, but could have been vendor speak.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Littletony

I am planing on running the OP kit in my truck also. I have called and asked the same qustions as Skorpioskorpio. I was given the same answers to, but I will add this. They drove home the point to make sure if you by a kit that it was a newer one. They have gone through a few changes over the years making each kit better then the last.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Littletony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
C0UCH

I've dug into it a little more and it looks as if OPP is run thru Pete's Auto Glass in Whittier. I'm not too far from there so I may stop in and see if I can see an installed sample. I'm a little ways off from rebuilding my doors but I'd like to get all the options early if possible. Seems like the newer kits are much better than the earlier revisions.

One thing I do not really like is the bump stop instead of the check link though to keep the door from opening too far. Seems a bit weak, especially with only stopping on the door skin. Perhaps seeing it in person may be different though.
C0UCH is offline   Reply With Quote