The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
pritch

Salt Lake City Tear-A-Part

Just wanted to say there's some good parts in there right now. The one on Redwood Road about 4th or 5th South. I stopped in today to see what they had and ended up with a really good right side fender w/ inner, battery box and a perfect heater core/blower housing. I didn't really need that, but as long as the fender is off...

But I'm not gonna be able to get back there anytime soon. There's a sway bar, one good r/s door, rust-free core support, really nice chrome vent windows, driver quality chrome front bumper, un-cut dashes, one A/C, and more that I can't think of. There's a C20 GMC with front discs, don't know the exact year, a '68 C10 and another truck that I didn't really look at too close. I was bummed out that I didn't have more time and money.

Just wanted to put it out there, if anyone's interested.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #2
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: Salt Lake City Tear-A-Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
Just wanted to say there's some good parts in there right now. The one on Redwood Road about 4th or 5th South. I stopped in today to see what they had and ended up with a really good right side fender w/ inner, battery box and a perfect heater core/blower housing. I didn't really need that, but as long as the fender is off...

But I'm not gonna be able to get back there anytime soon. There's a sway bar, one good r/s door, rust-free core support, really nice chrome vent windows, driver quality chrome front bumper, un-cut dashes, one A/C, and more that I can't think of. There's a C20 GMC with front discs, don't know the exact year, a '68 C10 and another truck that I didn't really look at too close. I was bummed out that I didn't have more time and money.

Just wanted to put it out there, if anyone's interested.
I was just there too. Found the missing piece for my lower molding in front of the rear tire for 5 bucks, and also some very nice defroster vents and hoses. Too bad I missed ya! Funny that we are both riding around with parts likely from the same truck. Sort of like you got the kidneys and I got the heart, from some poor bastard that died lol.

Go check out Pick n Pull o. About 33rd south. They have two 71's I've had my way with.

Also, Duane's on Geneva Road in happy valley has a '71. It has tons of good upper and lower molding on it.

Kirk's on Geneva road has two '71's

Here's the molding piece I got all installed.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Mister-B; 12-15-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
pritch

Yeah, we should meet up some day. I wanted to make a few more stops because I'm looking for something specific, but I used up all my time getting that fender off. I haven't even taken any pictures of it yet. I've been avoiding anything south of Point of the Mountain while they've been working on the Interstate, but I hear it's done now. I should be down there right now getting those vent windows and core support, but I promised the wife we'd go Christmas shopping
Ol' Green
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, we should meet up some day. I wanted to make a few more stops because I'm looking for something specific, but I used up all my time getting that fender off. I haven't even taken any pictures of it yet. I've been avoiding anything south of Point of the Mountain while they've been working on the Interstate, but I hear it's done now. I should be down there right now getting those vent windows and core support, but I promised the wife we'd go Christmas shopping
Lets do it.

Man, those fenders are a real pain in the neck to take apart AND put back together.

I went back to pick a part today. Bought two door panel upper molding pieces in mint shape off that gold 67. One thing that ticked me off, is this rule that they won't allow anyone under like 16 or 18 in the yard, even if they're with a parent. That's two yards in two days that wouldn't let my son back with me. This country is becoming so lawyer happy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
Lets do it.

Man, those fenders are a real pain in the neck to take apart AND put back together.

I went back to pick a part today. Bought two door panel upper molding pieces in mint shape off that gold 67. One thing that ticked me off, is this rule that they won't allow anyone under like 16 or 18 in the yard, even if they're with a parent. That's two yards in two days that wouldn't let my son back with me. This country is becoming so lawyer happy
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I hear that. BTW, I saw the wiper motor in the '68 that the roof was cut off. I'll bet it works just fine. I still can't figure out why someone cut the roof off of that one instead of taking the entire rust-free cab. That sure wasn't a Utah truck. Here's the stuff I took off it:

It's pretty crazy for me 'till after the New Year, B, but let's meet up after that sometime.
Ol' Green
Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, I hear that. BTW, I saw the wiper motor in the '68 that the roof was cut off. I'll bet it works just fine. I still can't figure out why someone cut the roof off of that one instead of taking the entire rust-free cab. That sure wasn't a Utah truck. Here's the stuff I took off it:

It's pretty crazy for me 'till after the New Year, B, but let's meet up after that sometime.
Yeah, I don't get why they cut that either. Probably to make some chimichanga mobile, with a drop roof lol.

You scored some good parts. Way to go

Hit me up when you've got time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Heavy Evy
born to lose

I hear ya about the under 16 rule in the yard. It's stupid. How's a 16 year old kid going to get parts for they're first car if they can't even get in. I always have trouble with the staff there because most of them have no idea what there talking about. They do have some good rig's in there tough. I got some bezels tail light lenses alternator's etc recently. Seeing that 68 with the roof cut off made me sick.

'67 Chevy Belair Wagon 283 Powerglide
'68 Chevy II Nova 2 door 350 TH400 Sold!!
'71 Chevy C20 350 TH350
'71 Chevy C10 Burb 350 TH350 stolen totalled gone....

Burb Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475155

Nova Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498979

Wagon Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543052

Not giving a truck.
Heavy Evy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Evy View Post
I hear ya about the under 16 rule in the yard. It's stupid. How's a 16 year old kid going to get parts for they're first car if they can't even get in. I always have trouble with the staff there because most of them have no idea what there talking about. They do have some good rig's in there tough. I got some bezels tail light lenses alternator's etc recently. Seeing that 68 with the roof cut off made me sick.
I actually kinda like that they don't know what they're talking about. Usually ends up with me paying less lol.
Posted via Mobile Device