The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
MacsGTO

Another rust repair question.

Hey all, thanks for checking on this thread first of all. So here's what I'm looking at. I have a '65 that is fairly solid. My forward driver's side cab corner/mount is rotten away for the most part. The sad thing is that other than a small spot here and there the truck is really solid. I do not have the means to lift/store the cab or rest of the truck while repair work is being done. I would like to fix this as it would be a shame to let this one go to waste due to this one area. Is it possible to fix this while it's still on the frame? Not so much mounted but I'm thinking take the mount bolts out, jack it up cut/weld, prep/paint, replace mount bushings and set her back down. Begging for someone with experience to chime in. Also to add complications, I'm going to have to outsource this to someone to come and do it because I have zero welding experience. How hard is this particular replacement job and what could be the average time frame to get it done? Thanks for the patience of dealing with a nOOb. Very respectfully, -George
MacsGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
awbrown

Re: Another rust repair question.

Thats the way I have done most of mine , and I have seen people do it that way here , so do a search and see what turns up ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote