The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
elks

Hard top Value/Price

I am looking at a single wall hard top for my Blazer. I have ran a soft top for several years now. Well in the winter I hate it, in the summer I love it. The soft top is on its last leg. The windows have all cracked and covered with tape, the plastic has yellowed and is nearly impossible to see through.

I have been looking at a new top. I see the same softop listed at $850 plus tax. Or I found a single wall in nearly perfect shape with all hardware, visors etc. for $700 plus a $100 fuel.

Is a very solid single wall top for $800 investment a good buy? I simply have been looking at hard tops for a year and this is the first one that was what I wanted in a location I could get it from.

$700 for a single wall in good shape a deal? OK? or to high?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
RLONG

Re: Hard top Value/Price

Single walls are becoming hard to find watch for damage on hatch,side runners and droop in top if in really good shape with good rubber which can cost 3 to 4 hunderd to replace probably worth it if you need one. I have chance to buy good double wall for 3 to 4 hundred.
Attached Images

RLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
truckster

That seems a little high to me, but I really haven't seen many for sale that were in very good shape, either.

As an alternative, you could have a top shop or awning shop make you a replacement top and it would probably cost a lot less than a new soft top. You already have the hardware.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
tubbedII
needs more $$$

IMO, a nearly perfect single wall is worth more $ than a brand new soft top...

The only concern I would have is if your blazer originally came with a double wall. It's not terribly bad if it did, but the holes won't line up and there won't be the captured nuts under the railing to bolt it down to.

Some things to check on the top are where the hinges are on the inside of the top, make sure hatch latches are there on the rear mounting brackets, checking to see if the hatch opens and closes right, checking the hatch lock works appropriately. If all that checked out and I had the $ for the soft top, I'd much rather pick up the single wall.