The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Ta2Don

Chevyrestoguy Said it Best!!!!!

Chevyrestoguy put this on a new member's thread, and I had to repost because this says it all!!!

"You'll have a blast on this site. Great people, beautiful trucks, LOTS of excellent tech info, and everybody gets along without the silly bickering you see on a lot of car websites.

We're all truck geeks here, and we make a special effort to help each other out, whether it's advise, technical info, or parts. We're all in this together."

I know this is how I feel. From day one on this board I've experienced all this statement says, THANK YOU to everyone here for keeping it real and not filling the board with alot of the bickering and egos often seen on other boards. My son is on a few and is completely amazed at the lack of those things on this site.

Merry Christmas! and God Bless!!!
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Thumbs up Re: Chevyrestoguy Said it Best!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Chevyrestoguy put this on a new member's thread, and I had to repost because this says it all!!!

"You'll have a blast on this site. Great people, beautiful trucks, LOTS of excellent tech info, and everybody gets along without the silly bickering you see on a lot of car websites.

We're all truck geeks here, and we make a special effort to help each other out, whether it's advise, technical info, or parts. We're all in this together."

I know this is how I feel. From day one on this board I've experienced all this statement says, THANK YOU to everyone here for keeping it real and not filling the board with alot of the bickering and egos often seen on other boards. My son is on a few and is completely amazed at the lack of those things on this site.

Merry Christmas! and God Bless!!!
Yep.... Once you own a 60-66 and visit the forum it's addictive.
Thats how I learned about my truck. Googeling and reading valuable info on here.
The 60-66 craze is coming back. I see more on the road now then in the past.
Thanks to all the folks on here as well.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! Jesus is the reason for the season!
Posted via Mobile Device
What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Grizz1963

Re: Chevyrestoguy Said it Best!!!!!

And it was me he said it to....

I have visited many forums over the last 10 years, some I am still addicted to , and on one my post count is heading toward 11k which is not only automotive stuff....

Problem is that some forums take themselves too seriously, and some encourage keyboard warrior behaviours.

This board already strikes me as a family oriented, helpful happy community without the pissing contests some forums are known for.

Long may it be a home to me, and hopefully in time I will be able to contribute more concretely than just learning as I am now.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
67swb72klb

it was the first one i joined and by far my favorite
a big salute to the staff here !
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
chevyrestoguy

You guys........

I truly meant what I wrote. I've been a member of this site for a while now, and I have NEVER had any "dust-ups" with anybody on this site. I am constantly impressed with the folks who post up on here who are super-respectful and helpful to anybody, regardless of age, gender, or style. Believe me, that doesn't happen very often on the internet!

And it's not just a respect that occurs only when we're on-line. I have been to a bunch of shows and have met up with a lot of the members here, and that has been great. I'm fortunate to be close enough to attend the Brothers Show every year, and a bunch of 67-72.com guys are always there with their trucks, and you're NEVER a stranger as soon as you tell them you're a member of this site. They'll feed you and keep you well hydrated, and by the end of the day, it'll seem like you've known them for your entire life. If you're in the Phoenix area, go see Dino and the other members from there, and you'll be blown away by their hospitality. These are just two examples close to me, but there are hundreds of 67-72.com members all over world with this same attitude. I high encourage everyone to seek out and meet up with other members whenever you can.

We're GM truck people. We're all brothers and sisters with a common love. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping someone out. I'll give the shirt off my back if you need it, but I expect you pass along the same courtesy to someone else. We're regular people with work committments, mortgages, and kids. We all watch each other as we build or projects and offer advise, encouragement, or our spare parts to help out. I love it when one of the members finally gets their project on the road after many years of hard work and committment. It looks easy on TV, but it takes a lot of work, money and time to get one back on the road. And for most of us, money and time are usually in limited supply.

I just want to thank everyone on this site for what they do to help out the collective community of truck enthusiasts. No matter what forum section you frequent (67-72, 60-66, etc), you will find the same attitude, which is the sign of a classy, respectful website.

Enough mushiness......let's get our trucks back on the road!!!

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
TehNewGuy

While Chevyrestoguy said it really well, the rest of you guys are pretty awesome too. Great story’s and good people!

TehNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

I've said it in a couple threads;
There's something unique about the kind of people who like these trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
198plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
You guys........

I truly meant what I wrote. I've been a member of this site for a while now, and I have NEVER had any "dust-ups" with anybody on this site. I am constantly impressed with the folks who post up on here who are super-respectful and helpful to anybody, regardless of age, gender, or style. Believe me, that doesn't happen very often on the internet!

And it's not just a respect that occurs only when we're on-line. I have been to a bunch of shows and have met up with a lot of the members here, and that has been great. I'm fortunate to be close enough to attend the Brothers Show every year, and a bunch of 67-72.com guys are always there with their trucks, and you're NEVER a stranger as soon as you tell them you're a member of this site. They'll feed you and keep you well hydrated, and by the end of the day, it'll seem like you've known them for your entire life. If you're in the Phoenix area, go see Dino and the other members from there, and you'll be blown away by their hospitality. These are just two examples close to me, but there are hundreds of 67-72.com members all over world with this same attitude. I high encourage everyone to seek out and meet up with other members whenever you can.

We're GM truck people. We're all brothers and sisters with a common love. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping someone out. I'll give the shirt off my back if you need it, but I expect you pass along the same courtesy to someone else. We're regular people with work committments, mortgages, and kids. We all watch each other as we build or projects and offer advise, encouragement, or our spare parts to help out. I love it when one of the members finally gets their project on the road after many years of hard work and committment. It looks easy on TV, but it takes a lot of work, money and time to get one back on the road. And for most of us, money and time are usually in limited supply.

I just want to thank everyone on this site for what they do to help out the collective community of truck enthusiasts. No matter what forum section you frequent (67-72, 60-66, etc), you will find the same attitude, which is the sign of a classy, respectful website.

Enough mushiness......let's get our trucks back on the road!!!
Well spoken, great Forum !!!!!!
198plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
FetchMeAPepsi

Bleh, you're all a bunch'o jerks and I hate you all. I sure wish someone would argue with me about it for 200 posts or so.

J/K! Everything he said is spot on. I love this place. It's so weird anymore that you get a group of guys together (already a recipe for trouble) and then throw in a bunch of cars (gasoline), then for fun you combine the hot-rodders, the frame draggers, the resto-mods, and the hardcore restoration guys (fire) into one forum.

Anywhere else this would blow up. Not here though. Even when that rare someone says something inflamatory the group is pretty quick to either explain their view calmly and respectfully or call a mod to pour water on the flames.

Yeah, I love it here. The knowledge, the people, the (OMG) PICTURES.
I spend too much time using up the Admin's bandwidth. They should probably just send me the light bill for this month
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

All the comments above are why I hang out here so much. I like learning, sharing, helping, and being helped without having my head bit off because my stuff is different. My post count here is over 5000, while in the same amount of time my post count on several other truck forums has only totaled from 25 to 300. My favorite feature of this site is the mix of styles and people that all seem to get along. Even though I don't own a frame dragger or pure stock restoration, I like looking at them and seeing the details of how they're done.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
doobiebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
All the comments above are why I hang out here so much. I like learning, sharing, helping, and being helped without having my head bit off because my stuff is different. My post count here is over 5000, while in the same amount of time my post count on several other truck forums has only totaled from 25 to 300. My favorite feature of this site is the mix of styles and people that all seem to get along. Even though I don't own a frame dragger or pure stock restoration, I like looking at them and seeing the details of how they're done.
Totally agree with ya markeb01.. you been very helpfull on this site and others I have seen ya in? I can PM you and you will respond with your wisdom. Thanks to you and all the rest of these cool fellas here...Happy Holidays everyone!!
66 GMC Long bed fleet side 305 V-6
77 C-20 Custom Deluxe (Blue Goose)
doobiebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
huahuamick

thanks dude. I have Everrit now

huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #13
MikeS.

While a firm believer of "Trucks should be raised, not slammed" I've come up with a whole new perspective and respect of the frame draggers. This site calmly and equally looks at these fine old beast for the work of art that they are.

This site is the friendliest site I know of. I met personally with a bunch of the members at C/10 King's house in Calif. back in October. What a great time, my buddy Ed was seriously impressed. As was I.

Thanks people for all you do!
Triluminar Lodge #117 GL of WVa

My 1963 4x4 Suburban build;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531274

My Gallery, now with pics of my 1966 C30 motorhome.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...&ppuser=103447
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #14
oem4me

I think what makes this forum great is that the common bond between all visitors and members is an interest in trucks. No matter if your laying frame or five feet off the ground, the basic essence of a truck just doesn't support an attitude on the part of the owner. Fortunately, the mix of contributors here runs from the most dedicated of purists to the slickest of custom fabricators, so we can all feed what we need. Added to that, there's an army of helpful gearheads that always seem ready lend a virtual wrench when someone gets stuck.
Keep it up fellas, your doing good.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
70cst

Guys...thanks. This is refreshing. is on me

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote