The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

I guess I won't be on here much longer

I have been a premium member here for four or five years, bought sold and helped other members with questions.

My dad recently got in over his head with a pay as you go body shop and they took him for close to $10k to get his 72 SWB painted. He lost interest after that and I took to finish. I have been listing a lot of parts trying to offset the cost of finishing the truck. I have sold a little, not a lot, IMO.

Yesterday I get a message from a staff member saying that due to the volume of "sales", (not listings), I was being "upgraded" to high octane status on a pro rated basis. Coincidentally, this means my membership goes from $25 per year to $130.

I responded and explained my situation and got a response that said that they sympathized but I was going to be upgraded none the less.

I don't have the funds to upgrade so it will just be a matter of time. I am just curious to see whether they leave this up so all can see that it really is all about the all mighty dollar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
WIDESIDE72

Re: I guess I won't be on here much longer

I invite your responses and opinions on the whole situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
64fleetside

You can stay on w/o paying, you just can't sell parts.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Will look into this
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
50bomb

Not tryin to start a fight but could it be because you made to many different threads for sales on each item when you could of just made one thread for all in it to sell? Again not tryin to start anything just Tryin to understatnd your situation.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Bluechevy68

I hate to see you go. It seems you often post info when requested in our threads. With that said please check out my WIW thread if you don't care. lol just kidding...... unless you don't care haha
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
LEX

That's bs. Too many rules.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

I was under the impression that this was a self sustaining site not a profit making site, was I wrong?

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green
My Old Farm Truck SOLD
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
original-71
///Relaxed Atmosphere

it does say "Limited to ocassional selling of leftover parts" under premuim member, not saying i dont understand your situation, i feel for you but if i were in your shoes id just try craigslist or ebay instead to sell the parts i know i look there and so do alot of other people. Sorry to hear about the way things turned out with the truck best of luck to you.

87-Silverado Static Drop 5/7" Raceline Explosion 5 22X8.5 (F) 22X10 (R)
hector
2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Old 01-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
mgkgmc

Couldn't you just start a new member name on here? Just curious.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
BB72CHEVKT

I can see their point of view. When you look at all the threads you have started it will list four pages and almost all of your new threads have been parts for sale on all four pages. I would just look at getting a couple of more dollars per sale to help cover the extra $100 a year.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately, this is not how things work. I am sure N2TRUX would be more than happy to discuss things with you. However, posting a grievance thread about an issue you have is not the answer. If you were to do so, site feedback would be a more appropriate place, again not the best choice. Discussing it via PM with the "staff member" would be the best option. If you have an issue with an admin and the steps they took, then I would suggest PMing Josh, whom owns the site.

We have had several member complaints about the number of sale postings you have made recently. To ignore that, and enforce it upon others is simply wrong. If I recall, selective enforcement of rules is something you had complained about previously on others?

Either way, this thread is not an acceptable way to work out any issue you are having. I could be assy and simply say the rules were there and agreed upon when you joined. I would prefer to give you the option to finish discussing it in PM with N2TRUX.

Funny thing is, I am the one whom normally contacts folks about membership tiers. I suspected from previous dealings that you would post and make a stink about being contacted. And having had our differences in the way you feel we should run things, did ask N2TRUX to contact you instead. I figured I would give you the chance to work with another staff member incase it was just an issue you have with me, yourself. It appears that is not the case, and is simply an issue with you and doing as you wish?

Thread closed, any further discussion on this can be done via PM with N2TRUX, Josh, Powerdriver 1958 or myself. I would prefer if you continued discussing with N2TRUX being he handled it.. If you do not feel comfortable with that we do cc all member concerns to each other. And are able to discuss it with you.

If any of the members whom were invited to discuss this matter care to discuss this further, please feel free to PM as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkgmc View Post
Couldn't you just start a new member name on here? Just curious.
dual memberships are not allowed, it is posted clearly in the rules and guidelines globally.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Since you chose to post this in public and invite responses, I feel its only fair that I oblige you.

My daddy always said "there are three sides to every story, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth". Please allow me to clarify some of your comments and concerns.

Your account was reported due to your flooding the Classified Forum with a large quantity of items individually listed. It is a standard policy of the Executive Staff to research complaints of this nature. Your posts were researched, and it was determined by the Executive Staff that your account met the criteria of "High Octane".

I followed this with a PM explaining why your account qualified. Your account was updated, and prorated based on the months remaining. Additional credit was added, giving you a total of 4 months as a High Octane member.

I followed this with a PM explaining that I would be pleased to review your account again in the future if your volume of listings dropped to the level of a Premium Member once you were through parting out the trucks you have listed.

These actions do not require you to incur any out of pocket expenses unless you choose to continue to have the volume of listing you currently have.

If you care to discuss this further, please feel free to contact myself or Josh the site owner. Either of us welcome the opportunity to discuss your further concerns.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread