The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
kcfirstbuild

Cab corner trim ?

I have a 68 chevy with full trim. I had someone replace both the cab corners but since he has moved. I get the feeling that he wont be able to find the old cab corners to transfer the hole for the old to the new.

So my question if anyone has an old one I could get from them. I'd pay shipping.
kcfirstbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
mrolds88

Re: Cab corner trim ?

Shouldn't be hard to get the hole right on the new cab corners. First take some thinline tape (regular masking tape will work) and tape lines at the top and bottom edges of the trim from the door to the bedside. Ten put a line halfway between the pieces of tape. That will give you a centerline. I'm presuming that they have a clip that mounts behind the trim and not external screws. Figure how far the clip is from the front of the trim, add whatever stback from the edge of the panel that is needed and place your mark on your centerline. Repeat for the remaining holes that are required. The only difference with the rest of the holes are that you just measure from center of clip to center of the next clip. Hope I described this in a way that is easily understood.
mrolds88 is offline   Reply With Quote