The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Sterling

Hello from Illinois

Greetings all!

I'm new to the site, and the square body world. I used to own a 1976 Chevy El Camino, and was big over on the el camino forum.

I recently bought myself a 1982 C30 Dually 6.2 Diesel. It has the SM465 Granny 4, it is base model Custom Deluxe.
Red Block 6.2 with Hummer intake and cranked up IP.
Dual flowmaster 40's. Broken A/C (no compressor or lines, old owner done goofed?!), A lot of farm fixes/mods (Windshield wipers wont turn off? Lets just run a kill switch for them - Cut hole in door, insert speaker) and a lot of potential

I will be sure to post pics of my mods and how-to articles on these things since I had no luck finding any myself.

I just finished putting the engine and trans back in after a full reseal and re-gasket. Old owner didn't know a thing about "cooling system maintenance" and the core plugs behind the motor mounts rusted out.

I just put in a brand new interior. The truck was an old Oregon farm truck, it has 52,XXX original miles. It is 100% rust free, and I aim to keep it that way. Just slathered the frame in oil before I introduced it to Illinois winter roadways.

I am a youngin, you'd be surprised if you knew my age. Everything on this truck is paid for by myself, I fix small engines out of my garage.

I look forward to meeting all of you, thank you for accepting me into your forum community

And yes, this is my daily driver, as a student in that matter.

Also if you want to know why I got rid of a Super Sport El Camino, just ask yourself this, would you want to take to college a vehicle that you can poke holes through the frame in?
I didn't.

- sterling

p.s. heres the truck, that is not rust on the bottom of the door, thats oil. Cheap rust proofing

Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
beamn7

Re: Hello from Illinois

Welcome!
beamn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
bodyman9174

Re: Hello from Illinois

Welcome from the south Burbs IL. One heck of a truck you got there. Ha I use to work on small engines to.
Jay