The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Keep or de-chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtat View Post
HOLY CRUD Batman! I didnt even mention the chrome steps on my truck!!
Check out my avatar! LOL does this constitute a new topic?!!
I havent thought about those yet.
I think it was the package plan . What,no louvered tailgate (possibly chrome)?? Fly-N-Hi was big on that louvered chrome jazz. J&J Enterprises sold steel louvered visors with chrome available.

We have a big Camaro Club show near here in June. We all know the big deal these days with muscle cars is to put them back to correct original,which is cool. But...back in the day you were some kinda nerd who thought buying a Camaro would make you cool if you left it stock. I like seeing bigger tires and things that were common to see in their era...short of anything permanently altering. Well,not true. I love seeing a badass Camaro built fir the track. Anyway,at this show among all the "correct" Camaros was this trick paint,etched glass,velvet interior,chrome roll bar,chrome traction bars,Cragars,motor out the hood,side pipes,chain link wheel Camaro. It was cool to see and done to the "T". Looking at the owner name on the sticker I noticed it was the same guy who had a few other rare and highly desirable pristine correct cars parked around it. This guy was full-tilt Camaro nut and knew what he was doing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Madtat

Re: Keep or de-chrome

No tail gate skin or louvers thank goodness it's the stock one.
The p.o. stopped where he was at or I might be including questions on tiny chain steering wheels, angel hair stuffed into the wheel wells and rocket rims with blue lights in the fenderwell. It did however come with a naked lady qupie doll hanging form the rearview mirror. Shes since been evicted.
I had no choice....I had to make room for the Hawaiian hula girl.
Madtat is offline   Reply With Quote