The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
82C10SWB

DFW guys HELP!

This is my first post and I hope no one minds but I was told on chevytalk that You guys would be able to help me out.

This really is a for the DFW guys topic. Im tired of the little import that I'm driving and want a good old dependable chevy truck. An old one at that. I plan on keeping the car as a spare. I know the Mod's wont want it all splattered all around here so if you do find something locally please e-mail me @ linuxboxofbofh@hotmail.com . Here is what im hopeing for.

Budget: $1000-$1200
I know that wont buy that much but thats why I gotta look well. Gas milage aint nothing, im hoping for 12mpg at best.

Brand: Chevy/GMC ONLY I thought about it and I'll drive my care before I buy a ford.

Years:1979 or older. NO EMISSIONS TESTING!!! I hate that test and never want to see it agian :grin:

Type: 4wd is my preference, I really want to try finding one that is in descent condition. I know its not that likely but I may be able to find someone wanting to unload one due to gas milage or something. If in the next couple of weeks I dont find a 4x4 then I'll go for a 2wd.

Condition: Doesn't have to be great. I would perfer it not be beat to hell or rusted off the frame. I really want tilt steering, and the hookups for A/C. Doesnt have to have working A/C but I would perfer to just have the wiring and a switch, compressor and all that dont matter. Im not a small guy and no tilt is what kept me from buying one today. What I do need is a stable, realible truck. Doesnt have to win any competitions, speed at 100mph, or anything else. I just need something that I can drive to work and back, to the hardware store, and possible fishing.

Engine: V8 - Dont really care what type. 305, 350, it dont matter, its a building block to start with.

If ya'll could help me it would mean a lot.
82C10SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:48 AM   #2
BigRed

Man, if you would have been looking about 6 months ago, I would have sold you my '75. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you!