The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
CD67

New to Forum - Original Paint '67 C10

Hi all,

My dad had one of these (actually was the first vehicle I drove) and after looking for a few years I came across this beauty. It's a 1967 C10 Long Bed, 292 L6 engine, four speed, rear wheel drive. It has original paint (light yellow with a white top) and tan interior, plus what looks like the original wood bed.

I will post better photos, but we are enjoying another snow storm now and I'm going to let it hibernate in the garage until the sun comes out.

It runs good, but the heater core needs to be replaced (made for a cold 50 mile drive home the evening we bought it). The body and trim are in great shape. One silver dollar sized rust spot on the back rear passenger corner of the cab, otherwise the bottom of the doors and rocker panels are solid.

It will need a passenger side front fender though... the one on it is a correct replacement, but off a green truck with a mis-match yellow repaint. I'd like to find an original light yellow fender to hang on it instead of the repainted one. Do I understand correctly that a 1967 fender (Chevy or GMC) is really my only option here? Everything else had side marker lights, right?

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have a couple more questions as I delve into it.

Chris
Centerville, UT
CD67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
daves72C10D

Re: New to Forum - Original Paint '67 C10

Welcome. We love picts here. Post as many as you can.
1990 Eagle Talon AWD
1991.5 W250 CTD
1992 Cushman Truckster- Haulster
daves72C10D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: New to Forum - Original Paint '67 C10

Beautiful truck. Yeah, 67 was basically the only year that didn't have side markers, although there could possibly have been some left over stock that bled into 68, or was manufactured before the law changed requiring the lights.

I'd recommend removing those U6000 stickers. It's isn't law in Utah anymore. Search my old posts for instructions on how to do it
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote