The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
s_nova69

Engine bay upgrade a couple weeks ago.

Well I finally got the things together to do a top end upgrade and cleaned up the engine bay a bit at the same time. I now have the Dart SHP heads, comp 262x cam, roller rockers, and RPM intake. I powder coated the intake and just painted the rest.

Today I actually put in a pre bent steel fuel line and fuel filter. I was cruising summit when I stumbled across something that I did not know was made. A company makes CNC bent steel fuel lines. They even make them for edelbrock, holley, and Quadraflush carbs and different intakes as well. I was very surprised as I did not know these were made. You can get stainless or plain steel. It was cheap too $16 for the steel for my edelbrock carb and manifold. I put it in this evening with a russel inline fuel filter. It was easy but the line is bent to be very close to the valve covers and block so putting in the fuel filter that is 1" diameter required bending the line a bit. Oh and then I cut the line too short for the die of the flare tool to fit with the tube nut on. So what did I do? I did what anyone would do. I unbent the CNC bend so I could slide the tube sleeve back far enough for the die to fit and flare the end. When I bent it back I used a Mag light to try to bend it around a radius but it still did not bend back to what it was before. It is good for now. Tomorrow I want to get a 90 degree AN fitting to connect the end to the carb with a solid piece rather than a piece of rubber hose. I will post some more picts of the finished fuel line tomorrow as I finished when it was dark tonight.

Enjou
Attached Images

4wd '72 Suburban LT4 coming soon!!
s_nova69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
70CHEVYBB

Re: Engine bay upgrade a couple weeks ago.

I like the chevy van dip stick. You don't have the reach in very far to check the oil.
70CHEVYBB is offline   Reply With Quote