The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
JHT67

My truck is talking to me

A while back I wanted to jump in the truck for a short ride and the battery was dead, I wasn't in the mood right then to charge it, so a couple of days later I get out the charger, and get it running, jump out to disconnect the charger and see a gas leak coming from a loose hose, tighten it up and do my thing. A couple of weeks or so later same deal, wanna jump in the truck for a short ride to the store, and again dead battery, same process, but this time I notice an oil leak from the passenger side valve cover. I know I won't be driving it too much before summer so add some oil and I'll take care of it proper later. So last Saturday I wanna drive it a block away to my folks so again I charge the battery, head on over, go to leave and the battery is dead. I know what your thinking, and yes a new battery is due, but fast forward to yesterday. I get off work a little early, the sun is shining and the kids like the truck, so I figure, hey if it starts, I'll pick them up in it, sure enough it fires up, so I head over to my folks to pick up my daughter, fires up again, so I head over to the school to get my son, go to leave, and you guest it, dead battery. So I call my dad he comes to give me a jump, and head home. My dad heads over too, to help remove the cap off of my other truck. I'm getting trucks moved around and notice my dad has the hood up on the 67', get over to him, he says you got a hole in your radiator. Sure enough, a nice little steamy leak in the top right corner. So here's what's in store before the next road trip, new intake and carb, new gas line hoses, new valve cover gaskets, new radiator, and new BATTERY . Moral of the story is, listen to your truck when it's telling you it don't feel good
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
jmorri34

Re: My truck is talking to me

Boy it was really talking wasnt it. Ill remember that for sure!!
jmorri34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
tommys72

Mine didn't talk, it cussed for a bit, now she just purrs along after i listened to her
Posted via Mobile Device

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
bigdog57

Glad to know that mine isn't the only one that talks alot.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
tommys72

They all talk a bit
Posted via Mobile Device

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Codez67Chevy

Mine won't start at all and I have a new battery, coil pack, cap rotor, plugs and wires, water pump, alt., and she still don't wanna start up its depressing.

93' Toyota pickup 2WD 2dr and 32mpg. Daily driver. 300k+

Members I've met...
Mister-B
Codez67Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
jmorri34

Hey Codez67, probly wont be this, but my distributor gear where it connects to the camshaft sheared the pin and the gear spun but the distributor didnt. If you havnt, pull the cap and make sure the rotor spins when you turn it over. Definately wont get any fire that way!!
jmorri34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Codez67Chevy

It probably is the distributor cuz my buddy said its getting bad from the last time we were workin on it. That will be the next thing that im replacing.

93' Toyota pickup 2WD 2dr and 32mpg. Daily driver. 300k+

Members I've met...
Mister-B
Codez67Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
jjzepplin

Had mine checked at Autozone and the battery is fine but the internal regulator is not working. Yellow top Optima and One wire alternator 180 amp. HMMM I says.?? I remember the days when it would start other trucks.
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote