The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
thenewminator

Talking new member from NW OH, but def not unfamiliar

Hey got my latest toy,an '84 C10 swb,about 6 weeks ago and finally got around to joinin' the site. Not at all unfamiliar with this site tho. I found it prob 4 years ago while searching for a good side profile pic of a '73-'80 k10 swb. I had a '78 for a bit,nothin too special other than a 4" lift and not a single matching panel. I had big plans for it but that didn't work out. Anyhow I was lookin' for a pic to print out and doodle some paint ideas on. Yeah well shortly after findin' a good one I kept comin' back for more cool pics to save to my computer. Which,btw, I would like to thank all the cool members for constantly postin' sweet ass chevys I have saved 100's of pics off of threads on this site over the past few years. I come back to the site quite often in fact....its like I'm addicted or somethin'.

Not gonna get to much into the particulars of how hard I've tried or how many cars/trucks I've had and things never seemed to work out over the past 20 years. But it has been my life long dream to have a custom show car or truck. And it looks like my dream is finally becoming a reality. With a very special thanks going to my most amazing fiance that has always been supportive of my dream(and also my part financial backer lol). And considering that my latest ride has had about 90% of the work already done it wont be too much longer that we will be cruizin' in style lol.

It does need some of that work redone and its gonna need a fresh coat of paint at some point. But the good news is all the custom body work and bolt ons were done well(except for the grill trim being installed backwards and the rattle can spray job on the engine and hoses,wtf?). The list of done mods includes: shaven door handle,tail lights,tailgate w/handle relocater, shaven front bumper bolts,shaven side marker lights,molded glass rollpan w/lights,glass cowl hood,billet phantom grill. It has a 350/350 combo. Performance bolt ons are an edelbrock intake,holley carb and custom duel exhaust. In the past few weeks I've gottin' quite a few items marked off of the "needs to be done or redone" list. The 1st being replacing the wheels and tires. Even tho I didn't want black wheels they were cheap and the larger tires fit the size of the truck a lot better while keeping a hot rod look. The plan is to continue to forge ahead as cash,time, and weather allow. Rite now my goal is to have the mechanical items squared away and at least most of the body work that needs redone finished and possibly have the truck in primer by July for the Goodguys show in Columbus.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
1ATony

Re: new member from NW OH, but def not unfamiliar

Welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote