The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Big Pete

Need some help.... Brake related

Hi Everyone... I am trying to finish my truck in order to meet a TOUGH deadline and have a question about brakes.

First, I am in the process of transplanting my '53 3100 onto a 2000 s10 xtreme chassis. I swapped the rear for a 4x4 blazer disc set-up also. I am looking for a good aftermarket pedal/bracket/master/prop. valve set-up that comes in basically ready to use.

I know the first gen s10 brackets work, but I've been to the only junk yard around here and all they had was a 93 s10 5 speed, it was next in line to crush and I didnt have the time to pull the set-up out.

I am at the point where I need something off the shelf, that will need as little modding as possible.

I'm not sure, but I believe I need an 8" set-up. I've seen the suburban swaps and other options, but I am looking for a brand new unit, guaranteed to work (without needing to rebuild). I've seen the ebay set-ups, not sure how they stack up, I've read that cpp stuff doesnt always have the best quality... need some input.

I'm going to post a huge build thread with the hundreds of pictures soon, but I barely have time to think, let alone make one up right now.

Please let me know who you'd recommend, I am ready to buy now!!

Thanks guys

Pete
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Kim57

Re: Need some help.... Brake related

These guys make some nice stuff.
http://www.kugelkomponents.com/zenca...=index&cPath=4
Kim
Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
Big Pete

Thanks for the reply! I've searched their site and see that they use the CPP master - my thought is that if I'm going to use their parts, I'll get the whole unit and save $100+

Do people on here feel the CPP stuff is ok? The majority of complaints I see are normally about brake kits (calipers and rotors not working well together).
Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Big Pete

Anyone else have any input? I've searched this forum for hours and havent found what I need.

Anyone have any good experiences with certain companies?