The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
elks

It drove last night....

I got my grandpas truck around 5 years ago as a birthday present my wife bought from my grandmother.

At any rate... Last night I drove it home from the shop. I build the motor over the last 1.5 years. I did everything myself except rebuild the heads. This included machine work on crank and block, etc. Over all It turned out nice!

I will upload pics and video soon.

Things I learned:

1. Larger valave covers to clear roller rockers means messing up belts and pulleys.

2. Headers on a factory AC system require some custom adjustments.

3. Electric fans are cool...

4, It is amazing how much time it takes a guy to build a motor when your only doing a little at a time. I basically got to work 1 night a week on the project. I may not ever build another motor, but I was sure proud when I fired it up last night let it break in and never had an issue. Then changed the oil and was off across town. Sure nice to get the old gal back on the road since the last time I remember it driving was in 2004. I know I have plenty other things to fix up but I can at least go get groceries in her...

Motor was a 350 bored 30 over, upgraded cam, edlebrock intake holley street avenger carb, headers, 2.5" exhaust, World Products heads roller rocker, etc.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: It drove last night....

It is a good feeling isn't it? Just remember to give the brakes a good hard look they don't like sitting unused.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote