The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
scrappy

1983 honda xl200R dual sport rebuild

I bought this bike from my cousin back in 01. My uncle got it new in 83 & it was mostly ridden in the 4 acre field behind their house. It had 800 miles on it when I got it but a side case had to be replaced because my other cousin broke a hole in it from hitting a rock. He had a so called "certified motorcycle mechanic" do the work. I got it with the engine assembled but not installed in the bike. I put the engine in & it was a bear to get running but persistance paid off. It ran horrible so I pulled the head & found that the piston was installed backwards & there was a slew of other problems so I put it to the side for later... way later. Fastforward to 2013 & I finally got around to working on it. I split the cases to inspect the mechanics work & found a couple more problems. Finally got all the parts I needed & now the assembly begins. Hope you enjoy:

This was after I had everything cleaned & ready to assemble

Old 04-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Greenlee

Re: 1983 honda xl200R dual sport rebuild

Nice! I love old Honda's and have owned a bunch of them over the years. Right now I have a 1983 Honda 70 Passport scooter. I have more fun zipping around the neighbor hood on that thing than just about any other bike I have owned!
Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote