The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
BigrobDog

green and white

350 chevy 1990 tbi. green/white wire on fuel pump relay, truck only starts if 12v jumper is on this wire, i have a fuel pump relay diagram and gr/wh shown going to b2 on computer and no were else,can some body elaborate on how this green and /white wire works along with the relay and the other wires please.
BigrobDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: green and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigrobDog View Post
350 chevy 1990 tbi. green/white wire on fuel pump relay, truck only starts if 12v jumper is on this wire, i have a fuel pump relay diagram and gr/wh shown going to b2 on computer and no were else,can some body elaborate on how this green and /white wire works along with the relay and the other wires please.
Well this diagram shows the green/white wire going to a1 on the ECM but there are other wires going to the relay as well. The black wire is the ground, then you have the red, orange and gray. I believe the green/white wire is power from the ECM to turn on the relay coil with the black ground wire. I also think the red and orange wires are the power wires for the fuel pump and the fuel pump prime. The gray wire is a sensor wire from the oil pressure sensor which will cut off the relay if oil pressure is lost.

When you jump the g/w wire you are overriding the ECM and kicking in the relay so you get fuel pump pressure. The F/P relay is in the top center of the diagram and the G/W wire is the very top wire going to a1 on the ECM Then below the relay and to the left is the oil pressure sensor and just below that to the left is a fuse on the orange wire for the ECM, so you might want to check that.

I might be wrong on this but it looks like that's how it works.

Name:  88 wiring diagram.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  85.1 KB

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote