The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
JustDriveIt

Looked at a 66 longbed yesterday.....

I don't know why I was even considering purchasing this when I saw it pop up on local CL:

I was really digging the look, simple matte black rattle can job probably, nice stance, perfect ride height, etc....

I've got plenty of projects, including my new Brute Force quad, but I could almost drive that thing right into the bed of that truck and haul it wherever, so I google'd for some more info on the truck and found you guys. Nice forum you've got here, some really good looking trucks too, unfortunately my account activation took longer than my patience would allow and I went and looked at it yesterday after work.

And had to pass- it was rotten, bad rotten. I could've dealt with all the fenders flapping in the wind and the bed being held together by the tailgate, but the cab had barely any floor left, Fred Flintstone woulda been happy with the cab, it was that bad.

But since I started the sign-up process, figured I'd put it up there for maybe one of y'all to take on. It's got a title, it was a factory AC truck, the current owner converted the three-on-the-tree to a floor shift, and apparently rebuilt the trans with a new clutch during the process. The original engine whatever it was has been replaced with a 307 V8, but I didn't fire it up because he had the exhaust open-dumped after the headers to right underneath the non-existant floorboard- woulda been insanely loud.

Oh- the link:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/3728570510.html

If any of y'all want anymore of what I saw just let me know, or PM if that's the approved avenue
JustDriveIt is offline   Reply With Quote