The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Blue_Aura

Re: Getting Stressed About Finishing Truck in Time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
What parts and supplies did you purchase for the truck?
What are you thinking about doing for the bed?

Is it really worth all the stress? I know this isn't the type of answer you are looking for but I think you should just cut your losses and get it road worthy and sell it. If you only have one day a week to work on it just doing a few things on your list will take months. Depending on the parts and supplies you got for the project you might be able to sell them and recoup some of that money. I think you would feel less stressed with some bucks in your pocket and making your wife more comfortable so there is one less thing to worry about plus I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind you being available to do other things.
All good points, and my wife would agree with you.

Originally, I was just going to paint the inside of the bed rails a satin black and install T1-11 for the floor. A product rep for an awesome waterproofing system (I work in Remedial Architecture with a specialty in waterproofing) said that he can get me all the supplies to do a complete liner system (except for the plywood, which I would have to buy). The liner is paintable for 48 hours, so I could spray it satin black still. Once installed and painted, it looks like a Line X liner or similar type liner. It would make the bed very usable.

Some Past Projects:
'69 Nova - 350 , '70 1/2 Camaro Z28 - LT1 350, '73 K20 Full-time 4x4 - 400 SB, '77 1/2 Camaro Z28 - 350, '84 Camaro Z28 - 305, '68 Buick - 430 BB
Blue_Aura is offline   Reply With Quote