The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
BarryB

292 Engine 40k

I've got a 292 straight 6 from my 72 c30. It is a jasper rebuilt engine, it has about 40,000 on it now. I'm going to leave it in truck until it sells, so you can here it run. I'll start out asking 500.00 or best offer for it. electronic dist already. It's dark now But I'll get pics of it hopefully tomorrow. only reply in this thread, No PM's please. No shipping unless you want to make all the arrangements.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Leroy-B1

Re: 292 Engine 40k

I may be interested in it would like to see pics and I'm close enough to come get
Posted via Mobile Device
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
BarryB

Red face Re: 292 Engine 40k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy-B1 View Post
I may be interested in it would like to see pics and I'm close enough to come get
Posted via Mobile Device
You ask and you shall receive. I'm also leaving all the road dust and just dirty because it is a used motor, just not used that much.
Attached Images

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

Two rules in life.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Leroy-B1

Does manifold and exhaust unbolt on this one? Have set of borla headers and off intake or inline so want to make sure they will work
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
BarryB

Quote:
Does manifold and exhaust unbolt on this one? Have set of borla headers and off intake or inline so want to make sure they will work
Posted via Mobile Device
I'll have to go look. I'll try to get a better picture of the intake and exhaust manifolds.

Two rules in life.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
BarryB

Yes the manifolds unbolt from the head. Its kinda difficult to get good pictures while in the truck
Attached Images

Two rules in life.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
BarryB

btt

Two rules in life.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
BarryB

I never heard any more from Leroy, So BTT. I figured I'd have more interest than I haven't had so far. I pulling it out to install a small block, So I will let all the 6 cylinder go with it. Motor mounts, even the exhaust pipe.
Asking for serious offers.

Two rules in life.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
unclesalty

Hey there! say, by motor mounts, are you speaking of the frame towers, or just the rubber biscuits that bolt to the block? Or both? I may be able to make this work, I would be heading the other way, replacing a sbc with a six, (while I rebuild the 350). what all would you be keeping that would need to be replaced, I have a new radiator-pretty sure I could make it work- the fan shroud Im not so sure about. (Like the fuel pump, starter motor, etc) Is she set up for power steering? Cant tell in the photos.
4.10 1ton floater,8 lug goodness
unclesalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
BarryB

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesalty View Post
Hey there! say, by motor mounts, are you speaking of the frame towers, or just the rubber biscuits that bolt to the block? Or both? I may be able to make this work, I would be heading the other way, replacing a sbc with a six, (while I rebuild the 350). what all would you be keeping that would need to be replaced, I have a new radiator-pretty sure I could make it work- the fan shroud Im not so sure about. (Like the fuel pump, starter motor, etc) Is she set up for power steering? Cant tell in the photos.
No she doesn't have power steering. But if a person like your self need the towers. Then yes I would let them go. you'll get everything starter, exhaust, towers and rubber mounts.

Two rules in life.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Leroy-B1

Barry is there anyway you could pm me your number would like to talk to you about it sorry was a little to busy to respond last couple of days
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
BarryB

Quote:
Barry is there anyway you could pm me your number would like to talk to you about it sorry was a little to busy to respond last couple of days
Posted via Mobile Device
PM sent.

Two rules in life.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
BarryB

GONE! traded it for a 454.

Two rules in life.