The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
forestb

Head rests on an old seat

I was wondering if anyone has tried installing head rests on their old bench seat? I like my old seat so much and it seams like it would be easy to do. I bought a bench out of a 90's suburban for the head rests and I don't like it nearly as much as my old one and I don't want to drill all the holes in the cab for the new one.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Head rests on an old seat

I’ve never done it, but it certainly seems possible. If you search for “head rests” on Ebay under “Vintage Car & Truck Parts”, there are dozens of styles that would seem to be somewhat easy to adapt.

Back in the 1960’s Cal Custom even offered accessory bolt on head rests. They were metalflake vinyl cylinder shaped items that screwed to the back of the seat. Unfortunately I can’t find any pictures of them. They were offered in the same variety of colors as the steering wheels of the day. Being metalflake vinyl, I imagine they were hot and sticky if leaned against, but might look interesting today.