The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #26
chiphayes

buy you a cheap welder,just be sure it has the gas attachment,for 75/25.and learn to weld ,its not real easy to weld body panels,once you learn it ,you will wonder why you didnt do it before.you can buy a clarke welder with the gas option at most large farm and fleet stores for less than 400 and the tank at oxy supplier for 50 bucks.ive got a 5000 dollar welder and a 400 dollar one,and i use the small one on all my body panels. dont let it intimidate you
chiphayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:51 PM   #27
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I can weld, never really practiced on body panels though. It isn't that, I just don't have the cash for one. I am hoping to talk the wife into getting me one for xmas or my birthday... Yeah, right.

I guess I'm just bummed. With the crappy economy I can't go at it like I did last year. I guess I should be happy I still have a job. This week is full of talking to future customers about equipment they might use for testing. Anyone here do NVH testing on engines or transmissions? If so I could have a machine to help get better answers out of your tests... I know, I shouldn't try to drum up business here, but hey, I gotta do something.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote