The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
zippeay

MarK Tailgate with Hidden Latches and Link Assemblies

Ok, I've installed the hidden latches and I was trying to install the link assemblies when I discovered the brackets you bolt to the bed do not work together??? I have a 64 Chevy fleetside and the MAR-K website has special instructions on how to use both the hidden latches and link assemblies for most of the trucks except the Chevy fleetside trucks???
I tried stacking the brackets on top of each other and the brackets get in the way of the tailgate closing... I really hope these both can work on this or I'm going to be one pissed off little man. I would have thought they would have said something about this since I ordered it by calling them. I just find it strange that there are instructions on how to do this for a bunch of other trucks except for mine.
Anyone done this before or know what I'm talking about? I would appreciate any help.
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
zippeay

Re: MarK Tailgate with Hidden Latches and Link Assemblies

Here's the brackets I'm talking about, I've tried stacking them both ways and they won't work? I would call MarK but they are closed today....

This what it looks like with the brackets stacked but the link part sticks out way too far like this and I can close the tailgate...

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
gimmy 64

i believe you have to trim the inside metal on the tailgate to clear. i just looked at mine but i got there one touch tailgate also. the inner part of tailgate is trimmed on it though.
gimmy 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

I can't tell if you have removed the bracket that originally held the chain pivot bolt, but that must be removed for these to line up when you use both the link and the hidden latch together. Yes they do install stacked and the heavier metal part that includes the link pivot goes on first then the grommet and hidden latch bracket go over it. And yes you do have to trim the inner edge of the tailgate for the link assembly to work. I have a link to both sets of instructions below. Just follow the link assembly instructions first then the hidden latch instructions.
http://www.mar-k.com/Catalog/PDF/Ins...TGlinkassy.pdf http://www.mar-k.com/Catalog/PDF/Ins...dden_Latch.pdf

Mar-Ktech
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
zippeay

Ok thanks! I figured it out and just read this, I did have to shave the tops of the pieces that hold the grommets. I also had to bend the grommet pieces in a little because the tailgate was rubbing the grommets pretty bad. It all ended up working out, now I just have to finish the body work on the tailgate so I can paint my truck.

Here is what it looks like installed.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Glad it worked out. Good luck with the project

Mar-Ktech
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
zippeay