The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #76
Slammed96

Re: does it bother anyone

I'm with the rest of you on this, it always irks me when people bad mouth the work you've put into a vehicle. Around here any truck not lifted is worthless apparently, so it makes it that much more rewarding when I go to a show and people admire my lowered trucks more than the mud rigs. Anyone who knows what it really takes to do the work will appreciate it for what it is, regardless of how it looks. Anyone else can shove off.
Slammed96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #77
**grumpy**

Like the other guys have said, dont let it bother you.
A story of what happened to me once.

In 2000 I had my suede 54 Chevy mild kustom at Goodguys in Columbus.
I ended up winning a Custom Rodder Magazine Top10 pick. Custom Rodder was a mag like R&C or Street Rodder. RIP Custom Rodder...lol

Anyway, My 54 was nice, but not a high dollar showcar. Blue and white Suede paint, white T&R interior(62 Tbird buckets and wrap-a-round rear seat), www's, flipper caps etc.

So while the wife and I sat in the "Winners" circle, all the other winners in our group ignored us. They had pit crews of people with matching shirts with the car name on it, all cleaning and polishing etc.

We sat there all day with our feet up on the rear bumper just chillin. Many people complimented us and offered congrats.

The guy next to me had a gold stude that was featured in many mags, covers etc.
All he did was give us ****ty looks and constantly, CONSTANTLY, tell anyone who'd listen how he had 100k in the car and over 10k in interior alone.

So as some nice couple was asking about our car, the guy next to us pipes up real loud and says how he has over 10k in his interior, and I finally had enough and busted up laughing. I say to the nice couple, well, I guess some of my "peers" are salty that "I won the same exact award they did" and I didnt have 10k in my whole car!

The look was priceless! I didnt hear anything from him the rest of the day.

Here is the 54 from that weekend nearly 13yrs ago.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #78
par4tom

Hey Tim...good story.

That's the problem with a lot of these shows. You have people who think they are "real" hot rodders when all they did was drop the car off at someones shop and have THEM do all the work.

Now...I'm not dissing on those that do that kind of thing...but there are times I don't care for the cocky attitudes they exude.

And think about it this way for the guy who started these threads...for those two or three "numb nuts", there are a 100 guys out there who are supportive of you and what you're doing. We've all been there at one time. There is something immensely satisfying about having your own ride, doing the work yourself and working hard to find the funds to put that ride together.

At the end of the day... don't let two or three guys who've never done a thing with cars, ruin your day. If you like it...that's all that matters.

The world is full of critics...

Just keep at it...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7236896
Building Your Own Speaker Kick Pods
http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730495

Last edited by par4tom; 05-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.
par4tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #79
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Seven of us got together the day before the largest car show in Montreal. We assembled the truck to about 90% of what it is today. We fired up the motor for the first time and brought it to the muffler shop hours before the deadline to get in. Just on time they let us in with the truck. For three days I watched thousands of people walk by without a glance at the truck. They were all enamored with a 65 Mustang that was across from us. The last day a single guy came up and looked at the back of the truck then would look away. Then he stared at the side of the truck then would look away. He looked at the interior for awhile then looked away. Engine compartment same thing. Last was the front end then he walked off. An hour later he came down the next isle where a 60 that I supplied some parts to was parked. The proud owner of the 60 walked up to the guy and asked him if he liked the truck.

He liked the 60, but, he went on to say how he had originally bought one of the series when they were new and had many since then. He pointed to our 63 and with a big smile said `Now that`s nice`.

The lesson I got that weekend was that if I liked my truck, that was the most important thing. You wait for the other person to come along who appreciates it just as much as you do, that is your reward. The rest of them just don`t know any better. Criticism is easy to give and hard to take. I`ve taken some jabs from forum members and what I`ve discovered there`s no two trucks alike on here. Be proud of what you have like everyone else on this site. I`m on year 27 of the project, it never ends.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #80
ds916

I wouldn't think twice about it......untouched or rat rod vehicles are not everyones cup of tea. I personally think a good patina vehicle looks cool as can be, gives it character, but some people like that shiny new look. Plus for every one jerk that makes a snide comment there is nine heads turning as you drive by. Just be happy you have the old vehicle to show off and enjoy the hell out of it.
ds916 is offline   Reply With Quote