The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2003, 05:59 AM   #26
Hotrod70C10
Low & Slow

NO NO NO You all have it all wrong! I saw the infomercial on the "tornado"..... This old lady says that it really gives "pep" to her 3 banger geo..... lol..... Later in the show, she tells about a mechanic at the shop she goes to got a ticket in her car because of the tornado! and that my friends is no --->
Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #27
adaminvegas

you want good fuel econ.and a great running motor you dont have to tune all the fing time?they invinted this thing called fule injection that works great for that kind of thing.remember stoikiometrik?perfect air fule mix.14:1?it will never hapen with a carb.
adaminvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:32 PM   #28
Cat Fuzz
My son, my joy.

I agree with everyone else. Total BS

Quote:
It is a MATCHED PAIR of tuned custom sealed Neodymium Super inductors that generate a frequency resonance between its two faces.

Operates on the principle of RESONANCE, utilizing a double chamber frequency with phased frequency modulation.
They use big scientific sounding words like this to suck you in. Neither of these statements means a dang thing. Super inductor, my hairy azz.
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:20 AM   #29
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

Totally agree with VT Kidder. read up on carbs. There is nothing that you can clamp to your fuel line to improve milage. However, one reason i get mid 20's out of my 67 is a fuel contratptoin. Its design is simple. Works great, i would drop 5 mpg if i took it off i bet.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:05 AM   #30
Hooter
My other Love

piece of absolute garbage, when I was working in a garage one opf those things actually clogged a guys fuel line by grabbing all the rust particels and plugging them in one place, guess it shows how much crap was in his tank, and that tornado thing just has to make me laugh, that thing is plain stoopid!

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #31
BLACK AND BLUE 67-72
Firefighter

According to the quote that Cat Fuzz had it sounds like they are using speakers on it!!!! Neodymium Super inductors and frequency resonance!!!!! He!! just run a subwoofer under your hood and stick it to the fuel line!!
Yellville, Ar. USA

BLACK AND BLUE 67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #32
escher

Exclamation charles pogue

http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/fish3.htm
escher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #33
adaminvegas

escher is the man(or woman)
adaminvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:21 AM   #34
escher

man!
escher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #35
Locutus

if you want gas milage get a compact. If you want a truck you have to deal with crappy gas mileage even if it is brand new. The aerodynamics of a truck are never going to be condusive to the kind of gas mileage people want to get. Things you can do to help. Keep you engine tuned properly. You have to tune for mileage not performance. Trucks that run fast suck lots of gas fact of life. Avoid city traffic. Stop and go really sucks gas, and one that is rumored to help is the bed cover. Supposedly a bed cover reduce the drag created by an open bed and the tailgate. I have driven many long trips with the tailgate down. While it seemed to help I haven't done any real measurements. Maybe we could do a study and get the govt to subsidize bed cover purchases for the good of the environment.

Mike
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:43 PM   #36
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

very interesting overview article ...
http://www.himacresearch.com/books/secret2.html

Imagine getting 5,500 mpg ... but greed had to kill that dream

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #37
Locutus

Any article that claims that innovation is stifled by big oil or the big 3 when it comes to gas mileage is just plain wrong. In reality the automobile gasoline market is just a small percentage of the money oil companies make. Even if you car got 100mpg it would still need oil for the engine, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid and gear oil. The big rigs that deliver those products still run on diesel, and use thier own petrolium products. Manufacturing, end products, and thousands of other things all come from crude oil. A loss in any one of those areas would be just chump change compared to buying every patent that showed a slight promise of innovation. If that were the case everyone would be driving a vehicle that got 6 mpg.

Mike
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote