The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
Hawssie

Re: F**d 4.11 Rear end ?

I got a single wheel Ford Super duty in the rear of a 69 I am building. But the catch is I also have the front axle, along with the whole frame, shortened to fit. I can tell you the frame width is 37 compared to 34 for stock in the back that is. If your rear end is from a cab in chassis then it actually would be the same width. But any way you slice it its going to take fab work. The disc brakes would be a plus, you would need at least a adj. proportioning valve. I am using the Ford master cylinder in mine just so I get the same braking as Ford original. My whole goal for this truck is to it handle, ride, tow and brake like a Super Duty, since Ford has the most advanced leaf spring system out there. Since Chevy gave them up in 88 basically. I dont know the bore of the Ford master cylinder but I bet its bigger then the 71-72 Chevy. The picture is before I fitted the bed and fabbed up all the body mounts.
Attached Images

Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote