The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

truck update....

Since I spent the day working on my truck, I thought I would post to share my excitement. I sold the truck a couple of weeks ago, but I promised to finish it first. Since I had hardly touched it since it was painted the first of June, I should survive.

Anyhow, I got all of my interior over to the uphulstery shop Friday, and installed the front bumper, dash components, and stereo this afternoon. I should have the bed prepped and possibly painted this week, and am hoping to have it done by Christmas.

I know this doesn't mean a lot without pics, but I figured there are a few people in the same boat I am. I was having a little motivational problem, but it seems to be OK now. Maybe me getting off my can will help someone else do the same. I will try to get pics this week.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

youre right lol i need motivation... better yet after xmas come up and get mine and start working on that one!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:11 PM   #3
bigblock73
yeller

Why did you sell the truck? Are we talking about the yella one?

Say it ain't so.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #4
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

it's going back to it's family. I tried to buy this truck for about the last 10 years, from a good friend's aunt. It was my buddy's cousin's truck, who passed away in a car accident when we were little kids ('82, I think). Anyhow, it was rarely driven, but they kept it just because it belonged to Grant. After it kept getting vandalized, they decided to scrap it. My buddy Heath kept from doing that, and he took it home and used it as a daily driver for a while. He started to restore his first car (a 69 Mustang) and needed cash, so he sold the truck to me. I have had it about a year, getting the paint and body done.

Anyhow, we talked a few weeks ago, and he was telling me his dad was wearing him out about my truck. Once he told me how his aunt Linda and dad went on about the pics I gave him, it just seemed like the right thing to do. I also am supposed to be getting my 81 Bandit T/A back, so that will be nice. I also have an 85 SWB that I picked up, so that will be another project. I can always seem to find some sort of project....

Sorry for the rambling, hope I didn't lose ya.....