The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
McMurphy

Re: ok so here goes my 66 gmc project build

If you can get photos of it and post them, then I would ask some folk like Captain Fab for input on it.

Could be a sweet deal if the guy knows what he is doing;
or you could be buying Frankensteins Monster....

I would proceed with caution.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #27
Gunster89

alright basically I went and saw the motor in my previouse message I didnt have all the facts and had a few things mis understood so heres the update ive known this guy for years one of my closest friends anywho he says he can get 3000 easy for the motor but he hates seeing my truck broke down since its been down almost a year waiting on a motor this is a 350 block with everything inside it 400 the heads are 400 also I forget what he said they were has the best timing chain you can buy and top of the line everything else has everything I need complete motor carberator and all even headers the motor has amazing deep bass to it like a big block has this just turned out to be a super sweet hookup hes doin for me for 500 bucks and 300 bucks worth of labor around his place to get my truck going the motor has 40,000 miles on it but he said it will easily go 500,000 miles + if taken care of properly I will do a compresion check on it monday he said if I am not happy with how it performs in my truck I can pull it out and he will give me my cash back so seems Like I cant go wrong cant wait lol also with this motor what rear end ratio would be best? right now its whatever came stock with the 292 straight 6 with granny gear tranny and a posi rear but I havent gotten under it to find out gear ratio

Last edited by Gunster89; 01-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Gunster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
Gunster89

ok so today I picked up my motor its a sweet little set up will post before and after pics once I paint her
Old 05-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #29
Gunster89

how you guys been sorry its been so long Ive been real busy have not had much free time 20 minutes here n there to work on my truck so I will post some pics the 400 I had got turned out to be junk i didnt lose any money on it other than a few hours for prep and some money on paint but no big deal the guy took back the motor in the end and the rear end went out on the camaro so I pulled the 305 and scrapped the car put a new manifold on it a edelbroc 1406 4brrl on it a hei iginition got away from the smog eliminated the ac went back to basic v belt pulleys made the block look the era of the 66 my headers I had will not clear my transmition mount so now I have to find a pair that will clear it also the camaros flywheel was half an inch smaller than the one on the 292 I found the disk for it to connect to my spline but now my starter doesnt reach the flywheel and the starter for the smaller flywheel wont fit into where the starter for thetruck did the truck starter bolts to the tranny the car starter bolts to the block the cones are different so it wont slide into tranny hole for truck starter does anyone know if the aftermarket starters from jegs will work? I would hate to have to grind out the hole in the tranny to fit my starter if I dont have to my first thought was just get another 11inch flywheel and clutch set up but I dont want to because I got the 10 1/2 inch disk and replaced the through out bearing and its all bolted together and I dont wanna take it back appart and flywheels are exspensive also what headers are you guys running with ur small blocks I believe I have a muncie transmition 4 on the floor with granny not 100% posotive though will upload more pics tomorrow If I get the time
Attached Images